Quick ? -Brown County State Park IN, CG

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by Daisy on my toe, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Chicago area
    Okay, this is kind of random but we are trying to reserve a campsite for an upcoming trip but I need the answer to this question first. Do the electric campsites have flush toilets in the "bath houses"? On the campground map there are pit toilets labeled and there are bath houses. All of the other Indiana state parks have "comfort stations" that have showers and flush toilets.

My son has a fear of pit toilets, for some reason he is convinced that he will be stung by a wasp/bee in one.

2. CivilizedOne

CivilizedOne Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Kentuckiana
    We stayed there last weekend and they had flush toilets and showers too. I think we stayed in Taylor Ridge. Nashville is a neat touristy town, and they have hiking trails.

You MUST take the west entrance on IN46 as the north entrance is a tiny covered bridge.

3. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Chicago area
    Thank you!

4. chrisarrick

chrisarrick Member

Oct 10, 2017
    North Central Indiana
    Yes, they do, and its a lovely place to go. Also consider McCormicks Creek sometime.

5. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Chicago area
    We camped at McCormick's Creek last Labor Day it is a beautiful. My son loves hiking up the creek and looking for crayfish.

6. Dogs & Pup

Dogs & Pup New Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Indiana
    Try Hardin Ridge in the Hoosier National Forest. It isn’t far from Brown County, and very nice. Just make sure you don’t go through Bloomington when IU has a home football game!!

7. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Chicago area
    Thanks for the tip!