Quick connect troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by BonduStormer, Jan 24, 2018.

1. BonduStormer

BonduStormer New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Got a used 2002 Dutchman PUP last summer. Worked great, only it was very tough to connect and disconnect the outdoor stove with the outdoor quick connect. The quick connect seems to be stick or maybe the ball bearings(not sure if that's the term) inside the connector is stuck? Any suggestions? I make sure I turn off from the tank first and let the stove run out of gas before disconnecting. Doesn't look like any dirt is in there, I always put the rubber cap back on when done. Once i got it connected the stove works works fine, but disconnect is a royal pain. I've had to use pliers to pull it apart a couple times :(

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Try spraying it with PB Blaster or WD 40. It this doesn't help replacements are easy to get at most hardware stores. And yes the bearings inside do get sticky.

3. crackerJack

crackerJack Active Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Scottsville, KY
    X2 ^^

4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    The propane disconnect fittings are different from the ones used on air compressors and hoses.. Could be one of your low pressure fittings got changed ..

5. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Dont use and oil based lubricants they can distoy rubber seals over time, Use Silicone spay.

There are at lease two different propane quick disconnects (QD). One looks like an air QD the other had a bar across the end of the male tip. As mentioned in above post, QD looks almost the same, but will not work or should not be used.