Ranger 12 tongue weight

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Eric Shelton, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Eric Shelton

Eric Shelton New Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Curious what some of the typical ranger 12 tongue weights are coming in at. I'm interested in the weight with two lp tanks and a battery installed and the offroad package. We will carry very little inside. Can you typically balance it out to stay at or below 200 pounds?

Anyone have any info on the tounge weight for the titainium 12?

We are trying to decide between the two, but I am limited to a 200pound tongue weight.

I appreciate it.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    Rik Peery likes this.
  4. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    You can contact 'em too, I did before we bought ours, fast response via e-mail...may be even faster calling... http://aliner.com/contact/

5. Eric Shelton

Eric Shelton New Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Thanks, I have contacted them and they give kind of vague answers. I am just looking for some real weights and experiences of others to form a bit of a baseline.

Rik Peery likes this.
  6. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Active Member

Jun 15, 2018
    Virginia
    Dang...they e-mailed some measurements, nothing too technical though; hopefully someone will have something for you, seems they'd have a lock on the tank/battery weight, we just got the 1 tank, will only be used for the fridge, I got a crap load of stoves/heaters etc w/ a bunch of propane bottles...post back if you find out anything...

7. Eric Shelton

Eric Shelton New Member

Jun 27, 2018
    Thanks Rik. I will definitely post any info I find.

Rik Peery likes this.
  8. ~erik~

~erik~ Active Member

Jan 19, 2015
    North Georgia
    I've sold my Ranger 12, but it had two propane tanks and a heavy Trojan battery. I needed to keep the tongue weight under 100 kg, which is 220 lbs. and could only do so by filling the water tank full and also carrying a 5 gal. water jug loaded into the back of the camper.
    Never had any issues with trailer sway that might come from too light a hitch weight. My wife's Volvo XC70 towed the Aliner like it wasn't there.

Below is the "dry hitch weight" on our new Ranger 12

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Rik Peery likes this.