Recomendations for cordless drill?

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by SteveP, Jul 6, 2017.

1. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

May 19, 2010
    FYI - you might still want to hand crank the last bit so as not to ram the roof up to its upper limits (lowering too)
  2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I use a drill on the lift, stabs & tongue jack and have found it very easy to feather the trigger for soft stops.
  3. CampStewart

CampStewart New Member

Nov 3, 2017
    Any company that says they are offering 20v power tools is just lying to you. They are using the same marketing strategy that vacuum companies do that claim 6.5 horsepower from a 15 amp electric motor. The companies claiming 20 are in reality offering 18 volts. Don't take my word for it search the net for yourself. If you want the best, currently Makita and Milwaukee are fighting hard for the title. People who own DeWalt may protest but no one I have seen in the trades currently has moved from Makita or Milwaukee to DeWalt but I have seen plenty move from the older 18v and the new pretend 20volt DeWalt to the other 2 brands. If you are buying only a cordless drill and only to raise and lower your camper I would look at the highest torque rating and the slowest rpm. Battery life is greater in the premium brands than in the cheaper ones. They use more expensive more durable cells.
    Fbird likes this.