Removing Coleman Mach AC Shroud

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by TacticalDriver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. TacticalDriver

TacticalDriver New Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Hoping someone can help here, and tell me what I am doing wrong. I have a 2000 Coleman Sedona I bought laspart t month, and I am trying to remove the AC Shroud. There is quite a bit junk inside of it (pine needles, dirt, mud dabber nests), and it could use a good cleaning removed the 4 screws on top, and the two side screws. I can lift the back up quite a bit, but the front feels stuck, I can move it a little but it won't come up more than 1/4 of an inch. Should it come a part in two pieces or one?

2. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Durham, NC
    The shroud WILL come apart into two pieces, but will also come off as one piece. Try sliding it forward before lifting - there is a lip in the leading edge of the AC that the shroud grabs.

3. TacticalDriver

Jun 28, 2017
    Thanks

4. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
  5. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    Depends on the year and model, the one on my 2008 Niagara is 2 pieces, the one on my 96 Bayport was one piece.

6. TacticalDriver

Jun 28, 2017
    I ended up getting it off today, and it came off in 1 piece. Was a huge wasp nest in it, and a lot of debris as well. I vacuumed the unit and washed and dried the shroud. It looks really good now. Couldn't get the side fins cleaned (I was worried about snapping them) as well as the rest of it.

IMG_0749.JPG

7. thethird152

thethird152 Active Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Durham, NC
    Glad you got it worked out - I apologize for my misinformation. I have a Mach 3 as well but it has a front and rear piece. They sure do look nice when you get them all cleaned up. They'll take a coat of paint really well too (especially if you hit them with a little acetone before hand). Last year I started the same as you - just wanted to get the cover off and give it a good clean. I ended up with this (before and after):

Attached Files:

8. TacticalDriver

Jun 28, 2017
    Thanks for the paint idea, and yours looks really good.