repair shops/mobile repair in Denver?

Discussion in 'RV Dealers & Repair Shops' started by lkc, Dec 8, 2017.

1. lkc

lkc Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    Anyone know of any reputable/honest/reasonable repair shops or mobile service guy in the Denver area that will work on older popups? Preferably North of Denver (Thornton, Broomfield, Westminster)?

I've decided that any annual maintenance/greasing on the wiffle tree is going to be beyond what I can manage by myself and am looking for a referral.

My only experience with service was years ago when the Ex and I had a 5th wheel and the service was abysmal and since it was warranty work the dealer and the manufacturer were playing the point-the-finger game--it was a nightmare. I'm not impressed with integrity or honesty of these RV dealers/servicers.

2. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Reach out to board member sleach. He's in Boulder, I believe, and has a pretty good handle on things in that area. [:)C]

3. Fless

Fless Active Member

What kind of annual maintenance does a whiffletree need? Seems like you could extend the greasing intervals, IMHO.

4. lkc

lkc Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    From what I am reading on here--people say it should be greased every year. I don't think it's really beyond my capabilities, except for the part where when all of the screws come out, the big heavy plate drops down on you while you're under the trailer[!] so I think I need to find somewhere/someone that can do that for me. I've not been impressed with a trailer place out in Henderson, CO nor Camping World, nor really any of the big name shops, so don't even know where to take it that wouldn't have to have it for 3 weeks to do a simple job like greasing the wiffle tree, even if they would do it.

5. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Mass
  6. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Just wanted to wish you luck. Finding a place for my Coleman/Fleetwood has been a challenge for me as well. Found a place 3 hours away which I found to trust but what a drive for a simple maintenance. I have come to learn how to do some general maintenance like the greasing the lift myself. It actually wasn't as hard as it first sounded, for me at least. If you are able to crawl under the camper and turn a screwdriver you should be able to gr. Quite a few YouTube videos on it as well.

7. lkc

lkc Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Colorado
    As I said, I can handle unscrewing the plate and greasing, it's the weight of the heavy plate and me trying to get it back alone in that's the problem and really don't feel like having it drop on me

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    not sure if yours is any different from my 04. I actually just left one screw in the plate and shifted the plate out of the way. I also didn't have anything fall on me (well except for a mouse nest) when working on it. I propped my roof on blocks and took all the weight off the lift. So it wasn't under any pressure. Perhaps though they might have done something different on mine vrs yours. Good luck either way.