Replacing sideboard, but not roof

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Dan Noonan, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Dan Noonan

Dan Noonan New Member

Hello, my question is.... Can I replace a sideboard without replacing the entire roof? I have one area that ants got into that I would like to replace.

2. joet

joet Well-Known Member

What condition is the roof in? any water intrusion, soft spots, any sag from side to side, what condition is the skin in, one piece or seamed roof, condition of the other side board? Any of these would influence my decision as to rebuild or patch

3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The biggest problem is getting a piece of long plywood to do the repair and be strong. You may have to built a piece by gluing and lapping to pieces together. Many roofs are just stapled together so the the staples will need to be cut to remove the bad wood.

4. Dan Noonan

Dan Noonan New Member

The roof is in very good condition, the other side is in good condition the only problem area is on the drivers side panel and where the rear meets the side. As I had said ants got in there. There is no sign of water damage. It is a a seamed roof. Can I just remove the side skin?

5. Dan Noonan

Dan Noonan New Member

Does the roof liner just peal away?

6. Dan Noonan

Dan Noonan New Member

We are using it on the 4th and I'm selling it after that it isn't really big enough for us. Having stated this would epoxy be a suitable repair? If not can I build a roof before taking the old one off?

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

There are Liquid Wood products that you might could use.

8. Logjammer

Logjammer Member