Revelstoke - Noahs Ark Resort

Discussion in 'British Columbia' started by Faced, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Faced

Faced New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    While on our Central to West trip this year we stopped just West of Revelstoke at Noahs ark resort. What a break from the normal here folks! They have affordable sites that are well maintained(20-40$a night) Full service 15-50amp, amazing facilities, and the owners are the best part of it all! Sonya and Jano or Noah as he likes to be called are there for your every need. They remembered everyone's names and faces. On site they offer Argo rides which are just plain fun for the whole family costing about 30$ for 3 ppl for 30 mins. You rip around back-trails and up the mountain side learning about the past from the owner himself.

They also have a giant ark on site that they are building, the main floor is a frozen yogurt stand with more then 100 toppings available at anytime, a great patio overlooking #1hwy and Mount Griffin. The onsite store is affordable, not there to take your money because you are not near a wal-mart. Wood is all nicely cured cedar at 5$ a bundle.

We stayed for 3 nights, then continued onto BC. Decided we enjoyed it soo much on our way back, we skipped west ed mall just to go back, stayed another 3 days and it was like coming home. The owners found us a place to stay on the grounds, and made sure that we had everything we needed to get camping.

This is by far the most memorable campground i have EVER been to in my 20+ years camping. I will go back and recommend to everyone that is passing by to stop in and at least try the yogurt and meet the dog!

http://www.rvcampingrevelstoke.com/

Campingdreamz likes this.
  2. Talonman

Talonman New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Nice, my wife and I are going to do the Adventure park as a relationship building exercise, it will be great to bring the pup and save the money on a hotel.

3. Faced

Faced New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Very Close, within 5 mins drive to the Sky Trek High ropes course, i went as far as the black diamond as my arms just dont have the strength as before. Enchanted forest is pretty much attached, also worth a look.

4. Faced

Faced New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention about Noahs ark, they have free coffee and tea in the morning till noon, and free grills to use (propane also free) toasters and microwaves all at the office for free public use!

5. Talonman

Talonman New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yep just had the kids there a month ago to do the little kid course, on the way home I was thinking why don't I have a zip line in the back yard....

6. Talonman

Talonman New Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Heading down here in a week on the way to the lake, looking forward to relaxing.

7. DerekCamperDad

DerekCamperDad New Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Calgary, AB. Canada
    Stayed here in early August. Great hosts and very well maintained campground. The store on site was very affordable. On site was free hot showers and propane BBQ's. Had a small playground which was great to send the kids to for them to burn off energy.
    Very well located. Close to Revelstoke, the Enchanted forest and Three Valley Gap. Lots for us to do as a family. I recommend the Enchanted Forest, it was nicely updated form when I was there several years ago.
    There were some issues with reservations. We had some friends meeting us, they lost our friends reservation for their cabins, moved 2 of our friends reservations to other sites. We booked them all together and asked to be side by side but we got spread out.

Sites were small, ours was only about 12 feet across. Felt like our pup was right on top of our neighbors picnic table.

Overall an alright spot, not sure if I'd stay there again but would definitely come for a frozen yogurt.

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    That sounds like a great park. I wish it wasn't so far as your report makes me want to visit it.
    Thanks for sharing. Good Luck and Happy Camping