Rhino Linings introduces long-term RV roof repair product

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Storm Trooper, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper New Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Central Connecticut
    BTW, some of you have been doing this before they introduced a special product for it. [;)]

Source: RVDaily Report

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- Rhino Linings Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of spray-on protective linings and coatings, is helping to revolutionize the recreational vehicle (RV) repair industry. RV owners and service providers now have an alternative RV roof repair system that costs significantly less than replacing the previous rubber or vehicle roof every few years, requires minimal resources and needs little to no maintenance.

On Thursday, June 7, 2012, San Diego RV Center will demonstrate a Rhino Eco-Coat application. Rhino Eco-Coat system is a spray-applied, 100 percent solid, hybrid polyurea RV roof restoration system by Rhino Linings. Rhino Eco-Coat monolithic coating contains UV stabilizers and leafing aluminum pigment that forms a long-term barrier against water intrusion. The RV roof coating’s desirable silver aluminum-like finish improves energy efficiency, prevents degradation due to UV sunlight and keeps the coach approximately 20 degrees Fahrenheit cooler. In addition to the reflective properties of the Rhino Eco-Coat system, the RV roof restoration system also offers a lifetime of superior impact and crack resistance.

“Rhino Eco-Coat has proven to be an excellent RV roof repair and restoration solution,” states Pierre Gagnon, President and CEO of Rhino Linings Corporation. “Our product demonstrations have generated great interest in the RV and insurance industry and are quickly becoming an effective way to educate and introduce RV service businesses, insurance companies and consumers to a cost-effective and long-lasting RV roof repair and restoration solution.”

The Rhino Linings RV roof restoration coating dries to the touch in seconds and requires few resources.

To learn more about attending the June 7 Rhino Eco-Coat RV roof restoration demonstration, call Rhino Linings Corporation toll free at 800.422.2603 ext. 6087, or visit www.rhinolinings.com/eco-coat.

About Rhino Linings Corporation

Rhino Linings Corporation, established in 1988 and headquartered in San Diego, Calif., is a privately-held corporation and world leader in sprayed and/or rolled urethane, polyaspartic and epoxy coatings and linings for industrial, municipal and residential applications. Business units include Rhino Vehicle Protection, Rhino Industrial, Rhino Epoxy, Rhino Flooring and Rhino Military. Rhino Linings Corporation has a global retail and industrial applicator network consisting of more than 2000 independently owned businesses and contractors in almost 80 countries and is the first ever spray-on bed liner company to achieve the ISO 9001 certification.

For more information about Rhino Linings Corporation, visit www.rhinolinings.com.

SOURCE: Rhino Linings Corporation press release

2. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Jan 13, 2008
    Looks promising- thanks for the link!

3. Tukee44

Tukee44 Member

Apr 28, 2012
    They made it sounds special but it is just the aliphatic polyurethane. You can buy from Grizzly grip or other sources.

4. Liamtodd

Liamtodd New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I believe they have formulated the product differently than the other brands. Now there are luxury manufacturers now using the rhino product. The other brands have not reformulated for this long term use. The prior rhino product like the other brands would not adhere long term. So this is a new product specially formulated for rv use.

5. Rocko426

Rocko426 Popping up all over MO, one SP at a time!

Jul 19, 2013
    I understand the concept of the reflective color, but I'm wondering if it would hurt anything if you painted over it. Once it is sprayed and good and dry, could u paint it a more appropriate color to go with your camper? I am looking into doing this to my pup VERY soon...any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Alyssa [PU] [MOD]

6. Rockhounds

Rockhounds New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Do you think this would work on the top of a pop up camper that had ABS cracking and delamination?

7. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Jun 21, 2012
    Yes, you should be able to paint over it, but since it's flexible, small cracks in the paint may appear over time.
    Yes, is is probably an excellent coating for ABS roofs. It won't address the delamination, though.
    This stuff is strong! I saw a t.v. show where they blew up a truck with the Rhino coating, and the bed stayed intact!

8. charliejr362

charliejr362 1991 Bonair Skamper 210C

Aug 23, 2013
    I wonder what the difference is between this and the U-Pol product that some of the others on here are using. Will have to look into this also since my Pup will be needing a redo with the restoration that I will be doing this winter.

9. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I don't understand. The date of the demo was June 7, 2012.

10. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

Jul 19, 2011
    The original post was made in June 2012.

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Ohhhh! I was wondering why everyone was so excited [LOL]

12. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Greetings from the show me state. Does anyone have any current information on the rhino or other roof products?

13. COdreaming

COdreaming New Member

Mar 26, 2013
    My main concern with the Rhino coatings is how much weight it adds to the roof. With an a/c unit on top, I'm afraid of over-stressing the lifting mechanism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    You're not really adding much weight. The coating might only be 1/8" thick at most.

1996 Viking 2060ST / 1997 F150

15. Dutch offroad

Dutch offroad New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    saving thread, as I am looking at all different coatings fore my roof

16. Expendable Nate

Expendable Nate New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Tagged for interest

17. supton

supton New Member

May 26, 2012
    Supposedly my roof has this. White in color, feels kinda rubbery. Not nearly as hard as the LineX in my truck bed. Seems like a good idea. But. On mine, while most of the roof has a nice layer the edges where one caulks was thin and in many spots not there! Wound up having to caulk over it anyhow.

I don't know if it was a case where it flowed off the caulk, or just bad install. But if anyone does this I would check the seams anyhow.

18. Vince Cox

Vince Cox New Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Hello all,

This sounds like a great solution to my problem with my old Viking and her constant roof leak. I've used enough silicone to build a house out of with very poor results. Question I have are "has anyone actually used this product and if so how is it working out"??? Is it cold sensitive, I elk hunt in Colorado and my camper see's some cold weather use. Where can I have this product applied?

Enjoy your holidays and thanks for any replies.

19. windjammer

windjammer Rather be Camping. "All that wonder are not lost!"

Jul 19, 2007
    Does anyone have any updated information on Rhino RV linings?
    [RTM]

20. aroberts

aroberts Member

Mar 8, 2011
    The roof on my 2001 Coleman Sante Fe was so cracked it was falling off. My BIL just peeled off the whole ABS roof and applied two coats of Rhino Liner to the top. It has been over a year and is holding up great. Since then I have been having a problem with one side of the roof completey going down. There is about an inch gap. Not sure if it had anything to do with removing the ABS or not. I'm on this site to search for answers. Hope this helps.