road trip with pup oregon and washington

Discussion in 'Oregon' started by Bing, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Bing

Bing New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    hey everyone... we're looking for campground suggestions for the first longer trip we are taking with our pop up trailer. we are leaving from lake tahoe, headed north to visit one of the kids now living in southeastern washington, and maybe beyond up into washington if time permits. probably staying somewhere in the warner mtns of north eastern california as our first stop but would love to hear about any camping suggestions as we move north through oregon and then washington. our route is still undecided so we can veer whatever direction takes us to that can't miss campsite. thanks in advance for any recommendations.

2. Heartman_wa

Heartman_wa Active Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Tacoma WA.
    When are you leaving? There are so many "must see" places in both states. Crater Lake, Sliver Falls State Park, there are so many along the coast just pick one, Fort Stevens State Park near Astoria. That is just Oregon, Washington is the same Any of the camp site in or around Mt. Rainier, all of the Olympic National Park. Sorry I can't be of more help but I love all of them.

3. Bing

Bing New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    thanks heartman_wa... looks like we are headed out on sunday the 16th, haven't pulled the trailer out of the garage for a once over yet, so a little up in the air on departure.

all of those are great suggestions, we have been to some of those spots in the past, back when we slept on the ground. i think the coast will have to be a future trip. i should have been a little clearer, we are going up through central or eastern oregon not out on the coast. looks now like we are headed to the general area around bend for our second stop.

thanks again

4. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    "...that can't miss campsite."
    Those would be at Cinder Hill CG on East Lake in the Newberry Crater which is located in the Newberry National Volcanic Monument.
    Our first time there
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2nd time[/font]

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72BTn0AjAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEHcDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEADoWIdk!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfME80MEkxVkFCOTBFMktTNUJIMjAwMDAwMDA!/?ss=110601&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=110000000000000&pnavid=null&recid=66159&ttype=recarea&pname=Newberry%20National%20Volcanic%20Monument%20-%20Deschutes%20NF%20-%20Home

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Cinder_Hill_Campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72092

5. Bing

Bing New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    thanks twisty