Rockwood AFrame Owners Here

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by kreich, Dec 12, 2015.

1. kreich

kreich Member

May 5, 2007
    Hale Center TX
    Anyone own a Rockwood A. Let me know how you like it.

2. Chaviva

Chaviva love the smell of the outdoors and camping

Oct 19, 2010
    So far we really love ours

3. rod.alton@shaw.ca

rod.alton@shaw.ca Love your neighbor, especially in the parks.

Oct 12, 2013
    [ALPU] Have owned and used our Rockwood A212HW AFrame trailer for one year. Towed it with a Toyota Sienna but moved to a Ford F150 2.7 L Ecoboost with improved confidence in the weight factors. The trailer is really good for two. We loved the compact features of the AFrame. Good air conditioning and heat with the Heat Pump. The refrigerator is adequate for week long travel for two. The stove and oven are great. Hot water is fast and hot. The unit is easy to park and open. I like the power opening. I appreciate the fact that I can store the unit in my garage during the winter like my previously owned Jayco Popup. My dog loves the trailer and even jumped into it in the garage last week, turned and looked out from the door as if to say, "let's go, eh?" :)

4. rod.alton@shaw.ca

rod.alton@shaw.ca Love your neighbor, especially in the parks.

Oct 12, 2013
    This is our setup at Pancake Bay Provincial Park in Northern Ontario Canada this past October 2015. We spent a beautiful weekend with the leaves at their peak. Truly a wonderland of beauty. [CP]

Attached Files:

5. Mike G.

Mike G. Member

Feb 20, 2011
    My second Rockwood A-frame camper, my first was a 2012 A122 and I now have a custom 2016 A122 SXR. The custom part is the camper was built with no bubble windows, no more worries with leaks and stuff. The quality also improved from 2012 to 2016.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lloyd B likes this.
  6. muzll0dr

muzll0dr New Member

Mar 31, 2016
    That's smart.

We just picked up our A122 a whole week ago and love it so far. :) Granted, we've only stayed one night in it. ;) That night was wonderful, though.

7. catseye

catseye all I remember is dirt...sky...dirt...ambulance

Jul 11, 2014
    Raleigh NC
    wow, these sure aren't your fathers A-liners!! awesome!!

Calldon likes this.
  8. mickaqua

mickaqua Member

Aug 3, 2012
    There's some here, and there's some on the Rockwood A frame web site. [RTM]

I had to reseal the caulk tape around the bubble window, but that has been the only "fault".
    I consider that minor, and it may not be an issue on newer models.

It has worked fine overall! I would not trade or sell it. :)

It is a great value A frame, and works great for many folks! [:D]

9. Crafty1

Crafty1 New Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Calera, Alabama
    Love ours!

Attached Files:

10. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Nice rig I will give you 200 for it all cash!!

11. POPUP MUNKY

POPUP MUNKY New Member

May 4, 2017
    Ontario Canada
    We have been out 6 times in our A122BH so far and we love it. We have had some issues so far but the dealership has been awesome at addressing them quickly. It's everything that everyone says... easy to tow and park, fast and easy setup, and full of great features. It's the first trailer we've owned but it's going to be around for a very long time.

Attached Files:

bob barnes likes this.
  12. AlGritz

AlGritz New Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Near Buffalo NY
    [​IMG]
    I just took ownership of a new A122S. The wife and I spent a night in it on the way back from picking it up.
    It poured rain as soon as we got a campfire going, so we got to give it the ole' leak test. It was quite comfy and kept us dry. I'm loving the easy set up.
    Had to grill dinner outside in the rain, though because we didn't even have a fry pan in the camper yet! All we had was paper plates and plastic silverware. Thankfully, we had the Forest River spatula!
    Looking forward to doing a lot more very soon.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    POPUP MUNKY and KJ Knowles like this.
  13. lcangler

lcangler New Member

Apr 22, 2017
    I have the 2018 Rockwood A213HW. Bought it in May. Great trailer so far. Been out twice for a combined 9 days. Lurked on this site and Forest River forum before I bought it. IMG_5988.JPG IMG_6099.JPG

Carlsbad likes this.
  14. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Jul 2, 2016
    AZ Aliner
    Welcome to the Aframe family. Glad you joined.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

15. Calldon

Calldon New Member

Feb 26, 2018
    I'm new here. I'm considering the a214hw. I want the shower with the cassette toilet. I would really like a jackknife sofa instead of the permanent of bed, but I don't think they make anything like that. I'll be lurking and reading more. Not going to purchase for about 2 years, and things will always change by then. I will be using mine more like a portable motel room. I don't do dry camping normally, in fact I don't do camping at all, out in the woods with bears and things? No, I usually stay on the roads and use it as a motel room when I travel and do sightseeing and other tourist things.

What do you Rockwood owners think about the shower if you have one?

16. 3amigos

3amigos New Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Hi, may I ask what you tow your A213hw with? We’d love one, but our 2014 Ford Escape has a 3500lb and 350 hitch weight limit...

17. NothingsChocking

NothingsChocking Active Member

Mar 7, 2017
    Texas
    Had mine (A122BH (the one with the smaller bike deck)), for over a year. 3000 miles towed, dozen campsites -- Love it. We got ours with all options and power jack. We went to Iowa to get it (New) as we got about $5000.00 off on it. Had not had the leaking windows and we experienced a few wet camp-outs as well. On that note, I may be on to the cause of that through reading and personal experience: Forest River, and other makers, use a black sealing compound for windows and other openings, if this tar-caulk like substance is not mixed well, whether from the manufacture or on-site, it does not set and stays tacky. I have a small spot on my door side rear window that is that way but it is set elsewhere -- including the bubble windows. Which can be checked on the inside to see if this compound is wet or dry. The only real issue so far is the door latch/handle and lock crapped out on our last trip and I had to take the assembly off on the inside to unlock it. Luckily my wife was on the inside and was able to open the door "Dutch style" so I could reach over and unlock everything.

18. Sam2jack

Sam2jack New Member

May 3, 2018
    Just purchased 2018 Rockwood A214HW. Love it. Love the shower. Drained shower in 5 gal bucket. Need to figure out better way.

19. windmill

windmill New Member

May 18, 2018
    Just bought a new Rock Wood A192HW. The bubble skylights are so dark I can't see through them. There does not seem to be a protection film. There is a long one over the bead. I was looking forward to star gazing in bed. Any help[ appreciated.

20. CivilizedOne

CivilizedOne Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Kentuckiana
    Is it clear or gazed over? If it’s a super dark tint and a film there are several you tube videos about removing film tint, but i think most are geared towards getting it off glass, not polycarbonate.

If it’s haze, there are several headlight polishing kits out there. Headlights now are plastic so the polishing kit should work fine. Obviously, test a small area first just in case. I used one and it worked miracles on my 2003 Forester headlights that were so hazed they wouldn’t project 10 feet. Now they are crystal clear, and have remained so for a year.