rockwood freedom 1610 popup

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by JasonH, Mar 27, 2018.

1. JasonH

JasonH New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Can anyone help as to why when I lower the roof of the camper down all 4 corners don't line up to the box. Its like its twisted. I had it popped up when I was cleaning it out and when I go to close it I have a door gap and 2 corners kitty corner from each other sit on the box....

Thanks.....

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    Was the pup leveled when you opened and closed it?

Tracy D. likes this.
  3. JasonH

JasonH New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I don't believe it was it was last summer, I want to say no but I could be wrong.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Another thing is, if someone used the stabilizers as jacks it can twist the frame.
    They are for stabilization only.

Tracy D. likes this.
  5. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2017
    Maplewood, MN
    I don't know for sure that this is your problem, but it is important to have the pup level before you open and close it, otherwise it will tilt the roof causing many problems including the problem you are experiencing. It can also make it difficult to align the door and put extra strain on the lift system. As nineoaks2004 said, if you use your stabilizers to level your pup, it will cause the frame twist, throwing off the alignment and possibly permanently twisting the frame.

I keep my pup stored outside in the summer on a concrete slab that has a slight slant for rain runoff. I keep my pup leveled side-to-side with a one inch board all season and the nose up for rain runoff so that I can raise and lower the roof at any time. All I have to do is lower the tongue and pop it up.

Tracy D. likes this.
  6. JasonH

JasonH New Member

Aug 3, 2017
    thanks for all the feed back, now I just got to figure a way how I can get the roof to seal equally over all 4 corners...