Rockwood Premier Door Gap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by JaneyBundy, Sep 12, 2017.

1. JaneyBundy

JaneyBundy New Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Our new-to-us 2016 Rockwood Premier's door goes in place great on the sides, but there is a large uneven gap across the top between the wall and the door. The gap widens from one side to the other. This is a significant gap. I stuff paper toweling in it and have a hard time keeping it there. The camper is definitely level. Both door and wall look fine in and of themselves--no obvious warping, but they just don't fit. There are no plastic pieces at the top to hold the door in place as there are on the sides. We were wondering if the top was supposed to have those pieces?? Any ideas as to why the gap exists or how it might be fixed would be appreciated.

2. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    JaneyBundy likes this.
  3. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Check video out at the 7 min. mark

4. JaneyBundy

JaneyBundy New Member

Sep 12, 2017
  5. Caleb D.

Caleb D. New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Paducah, Ky
    I have a Rockwood Freedom, and i'm having trouble with those plastic clips staying in place at the top. It seems that after someone goes in and out a few times, they work loose and the door is only held at the bottom and by the canvas. Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so, what did you do to fix?

6. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Unscrew the clips and break a couple of toothpicks in the screw holes and re install clips.

7. Caleb D.

Caleb D. New Member

Oct 5, 2017
    Paducah, Ky
    Okay, i will try that. What does that do, stiffen them up a little?

8. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Gives the screws something to grip