rockwood roo tire replacement

Discussion in 'Etrailer.com Trailers and Towing Forum' started by mkaczala, Jan 28, 2018.

1. mkaczala

mkaczala Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I have a 2006 rockwood roo 183, I am looking at replacing the tires on trailer. I am wondering how to find a good replacement tire. Wondering if it would be easier to order tires with wheels already on tire so I do not have to get them mounted, etc. If I do this I am wondering if they would however need to be balanced. Not sure if any tire place around me would do this. Also wondering what size and load range would be best. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

2. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Elkins WV area
    Check on Wally's website. U will find they have the best pricing of anyone.

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Tirebuyer.com was cheaper than Walmart on my last two tire purchases, including trailer tires.

5. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    I just bought tire and rim assemblies from a trailer store. its about 20 more for the tire and rim compared to the tire by itself. for myself it was easier to get the assemblies and call it a day.

6. Sharpie

Sharpie Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    I went to my local tire dealer ordered 1 size bigger as I noticed uneven wear on my old tires. The weight capacity was greater on the new tires and the trailer rides way better. The tires are Carlisle trailer tires. Remember dont cheap out on your tires as when your on the road on vacation you don't want to be changing your cheap tires because of a blow out or other problem. We did the trip out to Prince Edward Island from Niagara Falls Ontario last summer and had 2 spares all tires are new and no problems. The trip was just over 7000 km. Tires are still like new...

7. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    You don't need to go up a tire size to get more load capacity. I never use load range C tires. They are just within limits. I always order load range D tires. That gives me a nice cushion.

Etrailer usually has the best deals on my tire size and load range. I never have balanced them.