Roof Vent Wiring Location

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by Len Brown, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Len Brown

Len Brown New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    I have a 2012 Starcraft Centennial 3611 and am going to install a Fan-Tastic roof fan but would like to know which of my 2 existing roof vents that dont have fans in them now, have existing 12v wiring for an add on fan? I hope there is wiring up there somewhere!

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
    I'm going to guess that neither have wiring nearby if they do not have a fan.. Do either location have an overhead light nearby ? could always tap into the light power to power the fan..

3. Len Brown

Len Brown New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    I do know from the specs for the trailer that it is pre-wired for a/c but don't know which vent is pre-wired for the a/c. I don't want to remove both existing vent assemblies just to find out where the pre-wiring is for a/c which is 110v when I need 12v for my new fan. There is 12v in the ceiling for several lights so I may have to tap into that source which you suggested. Thanks Snow!

4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    f5moab likes this.
  5. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Eastern Idaho
    I would agree, the AC would most likely be in the center vent, over the axle and also centrally located for cooling. Also not to stress the springs on one end vs the other end.
    Also, on most popups I have seen you can see outside, where the added supports are for the AC mounting.

6. Len Brown

Len Brown New Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Thanks for the input. I will now try to fish out some of the 12v wiring running to one of the 3 ceiling lights!