SE Montana recommendations?

Discussion in 'Montana' started by inthedirt, Feb 28, 2017.

1. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    SW Montana
    New to the area and about to purchase a 2005 Jayco Baja. Looking forward to its maiden voyage (with me) on my birthday in May. Any recommendations that also includes some good dirtbike trails? Hopefully, I won't have to deal with too much snow around that time. Advice is appreciated.

2. samh

samh Campin'

Jan 23, 2015
    Bozeman, MT
    SE Montana is a BIG area. Any more specific location you're looking to hit or are you just hoping for suggestions and then head over that way?

3. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    SW Montana
    I'm south of Butte, but I don't mind a drive if I'm going to be out for a long weekend. I started getting into Pups so that I could stay out riding longer and not come home at the end of the day.

4. samh

samh Campin'

Jan 23, 2015
    Bozeman, MT
    I honestly don't hit up too much in the SE corner of the state because there's so much good stuff to see over here in the SW. Butte has great access to so much good stuff. Have you been up on top of Homestake Pass yet? There's great camping and tons of dirtbiking near the Continental Divide.

5. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

Aug 28, 2012
    SW Montana
    I'm a dummy. Meant to say SW, not SE. New to the area and have yet to do any exploring, except Virginia City.

6. samh

samh Campin'

Jan 23, 2015
    Bozeman, MT
    Southwest is best!