September 2017 - What did you do for your camper this month?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by kitphantom, Sep 1, 2017.

1. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Attached the trailer to the truck, parked in the driveway and at 5:AM headed to Wyoming (between Yellowstone and Cody).
    Bowman3d, JPBar and kitphantom like this.
  2. TDS-MN

TDS-MN Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    I finally got to open and clean it up from a trip taken mid-August.

While making camp on that trip, my a-frame tongue jack failed. I chose to replace that before opening up and spending any time in the pup. I still hope to do a little write-up on that project.

I also re-built the hand pump faucet, and installed a roof vent interior shade, that I stumbled across at Hanna RV while shopping for the faucet rebuild kit.

Have it prepped and ready for a trip coming up end of this month again, finally.
  3. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    working on a fence post / sewer hose storage contraption.
  4. prop630

prop630 Member

May 19, 2017
    Aurora, IL
    While we were camping earlier this week I took advantage of having it all set up to install a smoke detector and a CO detector. Also used my grey water vent, that I had put together after the last trip, to use and it worked perfectly.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We bought Little Red a new tow vehicle, not exactly what we'd planned, but the issues with the Colorado were getting old. The hitch height seems the same, and we will install the rear video feed once the bed rug and tonneau cover are done.
    Fixing little things after the last trip - entry door latches, broken sewer drain cap, cleaning (camped in a big field for a SOTF event, with high winds on one day, then pouring rain).
  6. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Active Member

Apr 13, 2015
    LaLa land
    Replace interior light fixtures with LED fixtures. Finally got refrigerator to run on ac. Replaced metal fuse by the battery. Cleaned Camp Chef oven so it's ready for next weekend. Took inventory so I can restock ( my pop-up is my earthquake emergency kit). Hopefully I'll get a chance to crawl under and lube the wiffle tree.
  7. Fbird

Fbird Active Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Ferndale MI
    Made a new skirt kit for winter camping and added some angle iron to support the frame.
  8. Douggro

Douggro Active Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Serviced the furnace, replacing the burner and ignitor. Added a couple of braces to the bench seat rails to provide more support. Replaced some missing retainers for the galley base to the side walls.
    Still on the list is the window zipper on the main curbside wall panel; zipper materials coming in from Sailrite this week for that. Hoping that we can just replace the pulls rather than the whole zipper.
  9. 1stpopup

1stpopup Member

Aug 4, 2009
    SE US
    Got the water heater working, still trying to decide about replacing the anode. previous owners did no maintenance.

Sanded the front frame, propane holder and tongue. Painted it all and added a battery cutoff switch. Already installed a charger/maintainer on the side of the battery box..

Next is to remove the levelers and repaint them and the rest of the frame.
  10. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

This month, DH installed the Chalet Windharness kit on our Aliner to replace the torn and frayed original factory installed roof bungees while adding protection against high winds.

We always use the exterior shower to to wash dishes and shower while camping. We had a small water leak during our last camping trip. DH replaced the exterior shower faucet, hose and sprayer. DH installed an upgraded model of the Dura Faucet DF-SA186BK with quick connect hose. The new sprayer has three settings. The coiled hose provides a longer hose but is easier to store than the original. The quick connection allows easy removal of the hose and sprayer without having to shove the original hose through the small wall opening for storage. And to remove and store inside during cold weather camping in preventing the hose from freezing.

Both items are great upgrades on our Aliner.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]
  11. Termn8r2003

Termn8r2003 New Member

Sep 28, 2017
    20170815_105405.jpg 20170815_105506.jpg
    Put a new floor in our 2013 Jayco. Peel and stick linoleum, pretty easy to do and changed the look of our little home away from.
    lquinn1, Strawhouse and kitphantom like this.
  12. 1stpopup

1stpopup Member

Aug 4, 2009
    SE US

Did the shower fit into the area for the old shower? I would like to see a pic if you get a chance.
  13. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

It is a perfect fit on our Aliner. It’s a standard size for RV’s & trailers. DH found the Dura Faucet when shopping online for a replacement. DH took measurements before ordering it. But he figured it would be easy to return back to Amazon if needed. Install took less than 20 minutes. I don’t have pics to post.

I saw a install video of the hose & spray replacement only on YouTube. Tim Rover on Youtube kept the original sink on. But he gives some handy advice to his install.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]
    Strawhouse likes this.
  14. Kirb

Kirb New Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Oceanside California
    Still working on hot water system..
    Repaired leaking fresh water tank
    rewired receptacles in and out
    painted frame ,cleaned entire interior
    wife (Kari ) made covers for all cushions
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  15. 1stpopup

1stpopup Member

Aug 4, 2009
    SE US
    Awesome, thanks DG
  16. ColoradoDrap

ColoradoDrap New Member

Sep 28, 2017
    • Bought a 2003 Rockwood Freedom
    • Patched a leaky water tank.
    • Installed an outdoor bottle opener (skull)
    • Installed Winter Kit - Water Pump
    • Installed Winter Kit - Hot Water Heater
    • Washed Canvas
    • Installed New Drain Valves
    • Installed New Sink Drain Plumbing
    • Installed New Sink Drain Stopper
    • Replaced Lighting with LED
    • Packed With All Essentials
    Jeez with all that, I barely had time to camp!
  17. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    I added two removable sconces to my Aliner. They are USB chargeable LED desktop lamps with flexible 'necks'. I attached them to the walls with industrial Velcro. Unfortunately, they are currently out of stock at, but I'm going to purchase 2 more for the other side of my trailer when I can get them.
    They are currently avail in the US at on sale at $7.97 US! I paid $18 CDN!
  18. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Bought 2 Lynx Leveler Bundles for $18.00 each. That was Sept. when I bought em.
  19. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    Took a quick overnighter to a little campground about 30 mile away.....probably the last one for this year.
  20. lquinn1

lquinn1 Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Champaign, IL
    I love the way that looks! do you have a link to the material?