Sewer hose adapter DIY ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by nuts4hotwheels, Nov 11, 2017.

1. nuts4hotwheels

nuts4hotwheels New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I dont know if this question has been answered but I tried searching. My PUP has a sink drain connection for a regular garden hose. I usuall just drain it into a 5 gallon bucket but I will be camping with a full hook up in a couple of weeks. Has somebody mad a DIY adapter to go from a garden hose to sewer connector? What size is a sewer connection?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The sewer connection is 3". Unless the campground calls for a sealed connection, why not just take the cap off the pipe in the ground and stick your garden hose in it?

If they call for a sealed connection, just go to the hardware store and get a 3" cap. Then, drill a hole in it that you can stick your hose in.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
  4. nuts4hotwheels

nuts4hotwheels New Member

Aug 27, 2014

That is what I was thinking. It is a state park so, I'm not sure if it needs to be sealed. I am more worried about smell

5. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    That adapter would not be allowed at one campground I frequent. They require a threaded fitting.

6. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    If you jam it in good it won't smell. I've never been to a campground that has threaded fitting.

7. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    Every campground I have been to has threaded fittings with a cap on it to control smell. I use an elbow like this:

CAM39144_4_500.jpg