Sewer hose adapter DIY ?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by nuts4hotwheels, Nov 11, 2017.

1. nuts4hotwheels

nuts4hotwheels New Member

Aug 27, 2014
    I dont know if this question has been answered but I tried searching. My PUP has a sink drain connection for a regular garden hose. I usuall just drain it into a 5 gallon bucket but I will be camping with a full hook up in a couple of weeks. Has somebody mad a DIY adapter to go from a garden hose to sewer connector? What size is a sewer connection?

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The sewer connection is 3". Unless the campground calls for a sealed connection, why not just take the cap off the pipe in the ground and stick your garden hose in it?

If they call for a sealed connection, just go to the hardware store and get a 3" cap. Then, drill a hole in it that you can stick your hose in.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Ontario
  4. nuts4hotwheels

nuts4hotwheels New Member

Aug 27, 2014

That is what I was thinking. It is a state park so, I'm not sure if it needs to be sealed. I am more worried about smell

5. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    That adapter would not be allowed at one campground I frequent. They require a threaded fitting.

6. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Feb 6, 2007
    Centerville, OH
    If you jam it in good it won't smell. I've never been to a campground that has threaded fitting.

7. xxxapache

Jul 30, 2008
    Every campground I have been to has threaded fittings with a cap on it to control smell. I use an elbow like this:

CAM39144_4_500.jpg

8. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    X 2 either would work if the CG ok's it, it is not really sewage but is gray water from dishes etc.

9. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    x3 I haven't had the Aliner at a full-hookup site yet (have used them in the past when I had black/gray tanks on other campers), but since we have a night booked at a full-hookup site in Jan (only full-hookups were available) I added one of the above to my supplies, along with a longer dedicated gray water hose. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P3KJME/

10. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    I carry one of these in my trailer box but really don't use it too much. It is hard to keep pushed into the campground sewer cap for me.

[​IMG]

We mostly camp off-grid and I just run the hose down inside one of these AQUA-TAINER containers. When the first container gets full I switch the hose to the second one and then tote off the full one. Most places will allow you to pour the sink water around the base of tree somewhere away from your camping spot. We usually see a sign telling us this at the main entrance...Most off-grid places also have a primitive vault toilet installed as well somewhere close by.

[​IMG]
    Roy's image

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]