Shenandoah River State Park

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by mercman, Dec 1, 2017.

1. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Jan 7, 2007
    Western MA
    Looking for site suggestions and info for S.R.S.P. in Virginia.
    Thanks!

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    I was looking at going here myself some day. I will be checking back for updates. I know I had my eye on places close to the river as the kiddo really wants to go tubing again.

3. nhlakes

nhlakes Active Member

Oct 15, 2011
    DE and NH
    We stayed there for a night last Feb on our way back north from FL. Being that time of year it was pretty much deserted. I think there were only 2-3 other campers there. It's a good sized park, very hilly (steep downgrade to camper section along river), very clean, typical visitors center with info on local critters, etc. Sites were level, fairly open (not very wooded) but spaced well if I recall correctly - although there were so few people there I do not have a feel for what it would be like when crowded. Nice trail along the river that we walked. There were other hiking trails up the hills, but we were not there long enough to explore them. I'd definitely go back.

Here's a pic of our site:
    [​IMG]

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    That site is huge.

5. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    King George, Virginia
    Take a good look at it using GOOGLE MAPS-- Just search for
    Shenandoah River State Park and then switch to SATELLITE VIEW... You can see everything out in the clear including the camp ground etc... The camp ground sits within short walk to the South Fork Shenadoah River...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]