Shower installation in a 1996 Coleman Bayport

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Airadam23, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Airadam23

Airadam23 New Member

Mar 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    I decided to install a full shower in my pup. A tankless propane water heater will be used mounted outside. I’ll post pictures of the build. It’s already meeting my expectations and most importantly the boss. The cost have exceeded the 250.00 I paid for the camper. Oh well!

Attached Files:

friartuck likes this.
  2. Airadam23

Airadam23 New Member

Mar 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    Some updated pictures!

Attached Files:

3. Dingit

Dingit Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
  4. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Nice Job. I like it and please dont let my DW see it or I will have to make Her one.
  5. mstrbill

mstrbill Active Member

Mar 17, 2013
    Austin , Texas
    Look like you lost the entire dinette. For my Bayport, I used a cut-down utility sink for the pan, ran a shower head from the sink and d-loops in the ceiling supported a PVC pipe ring for the shower curtain. Also I had re-plumbed the drain piping to use household standard waste pipes and fitting. A Tee was added to connect to the drain on the sink to get rid of the shower water.
  6. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Looks like a nice, usable shower - plenty of room! I love to see people making their PUP in to what works best for them.
  7. BigTap

BigTap Active Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Worcester Area, MA
    This looks amazing! However how worried are you about how low the trap hangs below the frame? Any concern for it to be damaged while driving or is it something that is removable while driving
  8. Airadam23

Airadam23 New Member

Mar 31, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    I was worried at first but it’s really about even with the axle. I do want for more clearance for piece of mind. I’m planning on doing the “axle flip” to get a little more clearance for some bigger wheels and tires. We just did about a 300 mile trip this weekend and didn’t have any problems.
    BigTap likes this.