Sigh.. headed to darkness...

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by Mosbyranger, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

May 29, 2009
    Western Colorado
    IMG_1275.JPG Well, advancing to 60, wanting to tour more and work less we decided to sell the Cobalt and get a off road teardrop. The Cobalt is great for destination camping, but way too much effort for daily set up and tear down. Now we basically have a bedroom and kitchen on wheels. Very simple, but that's all we ever wanted. I'll still be able to get out and chase elk, boondocking is still on the menu, but we are looking forward to more travel and easier set up.

shuang2, theseus, bearman512 and 2 others like this.
  2. xvz12

xvz12 Active Member

Apr 6, 2017
    New Plymouth, ID
    That's an impressive teardrop.....looks like it's out of a Mad Max movie, I mean that in a good way! lol

3. bearman512

bearman512 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    Nice Expedition Rig, Dana. I am jealous as we have moved to a small offroad 5th wheel. Lets meet up and do some boondocking in the spring/summer.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Easier set up is definitely a plus.

5. davekkk

davekkk Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Nice and simple, very cool! Never heard of this line of teardrops, I'll have to check it out.

6. Mosbyranger

May 29, 2009
    Western Colorado
    Vintage Trailer Works, Dothan Alabama, check out their Facebook page, or website.

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We saw quite a few of these this year, also similar ones. Maybe that has to do with the areas we camp.

8. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    It certainly does look dark inside. Almost like a coffin for two....lol

9. Mosbyranger

May 29, 2009
    Western Colorado
    Its not PUP roomy, but there is more inside area than you might think by looking at it.

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    There is a lot to be said about teardrops. Heck you can get away with just backing it in without leveling if you don't mind sleeping on a slope.. my friends don't even bother unhooking their car. Just pull in and perhaps set up the ez-up and done. So quick and easy.

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    That is quite a teardrop, looks tough,even looks like a small tank, I'll have to check the manufacturer out as we only live about 15 miles from Dothan. Hope y'all have many great adventures with you new unit. The setup and breakdown was the main reason we went from PUP to a small TT after 2 back operations my body just could not preform as well as it did when I was younger Good Luck and Happy Camping