Skamper Owners Sound Off!

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by HellsBells, May 20, 2014.

1. Campingladies

Campingladies New Member

Jul 30, 2017

Katskamper likes this.
  2. Campingladies

Campingladies New Member

Jul 30, 2017
    We have a 1986 Scamper, second owners. We have had it got it 8 years ago and it is perfect.

Katskamper likes this.
  3. runnergirl

runnergirl New Member

Sep 18, 2017
    skamper.jpg

I am new to this forum. Have a 1992 Skamper. Maybe a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to hook up the battery. This picture above is not my actual camper but the same one. Mine is at a campsite now and I couldn't take a picture.

We have always had sites with hookups in the past, but this time we have no electrical at this campsite. Went to hook-up battery and the previous owner stored the battery box in the compartment to the left of the door. I can hook up the wires to the battery, but on the other end is a two pin connector that I don't know where to plug in. I know the battery has power, I just need to figure out how to power the camper with it.

I should have taken more detailed pictures, but hoped that someone else has this camper and can understand what I am talking about.

Thanks,
    [​IMG]

4. Heilman_5

Heilman_5 New Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Just looked tonight, and I have a Scamper too. December 1994 Prime.

5. Tex

Tex New Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Just picked up a 1994 24c skamper. Paid 180 bucks. Can’t wait to use it. We live in Texas. The pup needs a new cable installed. Have ordered and suppose to be here Friday. Just wish the rain would stop so we can pop this pup out and see what we got. The man said it was like new on the inside. He said the cable broke 8yrs ago and been sitting under carport ever since.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  6. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    E9566E39-8BA4-4531-948B-FA2196AA7687.jpeg

im looking for the plastic part that goes in the top door frame that connects it to body, & fits in here. a pic with measurements would help me buy or make a replacement. without that part, the top frame is not secure or straight.
    thanks.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  7. michvhf

michvhf New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Oxford, MI
    Just brought home a 2000 Skamper Sport. Not sure what model but it looks a lot like gameofender's in post 56. The box, including the storage bin in front, measures 12' 2" x 7' 1".

It's really hard to crank up. I'm assuming there's something that either needs to be lubed or adjusted. I'd also like to find a manual. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Vince.

8. Smokin97

Smokin97 New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Howdy,
    Just picked up a 2001 Skamper Vision 23XS by Thor. Having one heck of a time finding info on it too! Anyone able to help???

Thanks,
    Cliff

9. michvhf

michvhf New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Oxford, MI
    Katskamper and Smokin97 like this.
  10. Smokin97

Smokin97 New Member

Mar 29, 2018
  11. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    the covers are sewn for a 4 inch. but if those are gone, go for 6 inch thick!

12. Brad W Gibson

Brad W Gibson New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Have a 92 210c skamper would like to no the height when up so don't go to high an break cable redoing it thanks

13. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    i have the original blue cover book. the manual was not very helpful. no illustrations except the cable system. no parts list. i watched a dozen videos on youtube to find out what the bending poles were for: king bed supports.

the indiv component books were more helpful. fridge, furnace, lift system. i have them all.

but ive learned 10x MOREon this site than from all the books & videos.

glad to meet other women who like camping.
    im following all y’all.
    k

Saries4381 likes this.
  14. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    its in resources. keep reading

15. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    omg. my teenage bedroom 1969-72 had that fabric. my dad picked it out for us.

16. Taco PUP

Taco PUP New Member

Apr 11, 2018
    2003 Skamper 801 here. Have only had it for a week so we haven't used it yet but looking forward to it. Where would I find replacement decals and stickers from? Seems Skamper is a hard brand to find things for.

17. Schiavog

Schiavog New Member

May 5, 2018
    I have a 98 skamper we just purchased with no manual. I have everything figured out except there are two poles on hinges I can’t figure out where they attach. I’m pretty sure they are extra support for the bed but I don’t see how they attach. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

18. michvhf

michvhf New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Oxford, MI
    Do they look like this?
    [​IMG]

If so, they go here:
    [​IMG]

There are two holes the pins go in. The other end fits into the slots on the frame. Took me a while too!
    Vince.

Saries4381 and Katskamper like this.
  19. James Young

James Young New Member

May 12, 2018
    Hello, everyone! I need some opinion. There's a skamper for sale and I was ready to buy, its a 2000 skamper 21s the guy is asking 2800. While his cranking the lift cable broke not even half a foot up. I look at it and tryna use small gauge cable and clamp didn't work Just to see the inside. To Make it short, how hard to replace that cable? It has a roof mount a/c I'm from AK is there a aftermarket vent that I can replace the ac? Thank you all

20. michvhf

michvhf New Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Oxford, MI