So much stuff

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by crazymama30, Jul 11, 2018.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Apr 1, 2017
    I am currently cleaning out the old pup and going through stuff and putting stuff in the new stuff. When I bought the old pup it came loaded with camping gear, so I literally have not seen some of this stuff. I cannot believe how much stuff I had packed into that little pup. Nor can I believe how dirty it is. My goodness I have a lot to get done before I can sell it, not to mention I need to find the title.

2. Dusty road

Dusty road Active Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Conneaut, Ohio
    Ours came loaded too. Three years later and we're still finding things that we didn't know we had.

3. michigan_camper

michigan_camper Member

Aug 16, 2016
    We went through the same thing. Our old camper we had for 17 years and when we went to empty it, we were amazed at how much stuff accumulated in there.
    What is the new camper?

4. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    New one is a 2004 Rockwood high wall. Much bigger, has a slide out and a 3 way fridge, oven, sink, and even microwave

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Nj
    Mine came loaded with the previous owners stuff! It was like rusty gold.

jnc likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    My biggest problem is the DW, she thinks that there should be no place that doesn't have something crammed into it, I go thru before every trip and place a lot of unneeded items in a large tub labeled Trailer stuff. As a EX LD backpacker my philosophy is if it is not used on two trips, it goes in the tub because it is not needed, also I try to have everything have at least 2 uses. I use to cut the handle off my toothbrush because ounces make pounds, I am not quite that weight conscience an longer.
    Good luck and happy camping with the new camper.

sawdusty and neighbormike like this.
  7. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    I finally got the stuff out of it, now need to clean it and wash the sleeping bags. But for tonight? I am done and having an adult beverage.

8. michigan_camper

michigan_camper Member

Aug 16, 2016
    You will like the high wall. Thats what our new one is too, and we enjoy it.

9. crazymama30

Apr 1, 2017
    I like it already and I have not even camped in it! I like it even more after I got it back from the shop and it is do easy to set up.

Sjm9911 and jnc like this.