So, what did you do for you camper this month? October 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    This is your battery charge reminder, for those needing it. Ours are now on the solar panel. We'll see how the 160 watt Zamp copes with the exposure, rain, and fog in my MIL's yard in SE Ohio. (The original battery and 60 watt Goal Zero panels were not sufficient a couple of years ago, but that visit was also later in Oct.)
    Since the garage outlet is not grounded, we hope the Zamp does well enough that we don't need to plug in this week.
    My end of September adventure was driving from NM to Ohio. Much nicer with a more competent TV. Still a long drive for this old lady, my hands got tired and sore with 5 days on the steering wheel.
    The curtain for the door worked great. The hold-open for the door pulled out, so that needs to be fixed at some point. I discovered that the microwave is loose in its space, so we need to check that out before I go home. I'd hate to have it launched onto the floor.

2. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Looked to make sure it was still where I parked it on the side of the house. In the rain. In the never-ending rain.

HernandezHome likes this.
  3. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Brought her home to get ready for the fall rally after pulling it to Nebraska last week for the Junk Jaunt. 600 miles a day each way is now officially too far.

4. theyellowbeard

theyellowbeard Active Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Cary Illinois
    I just put license plate and tags on my ntu Yorktown and if it ever stops raining around here I will load it up for the Maiden voyage trip next weekend.

5. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Congratulations there Yellerbeard. Rally this coming weekend at Morraine View. Thread is under pup rallies. Welcome

6. theyellowbeard

theyellowbeard Active Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Cary Illinois
    Thanks, I was wondering if there were rallies in Illinois now I know but previous plans prevent me from attending but I'll shoot for next year.

7. JeepnCooks

JeepnCooks Member

May 26, 2016
    Discovered our top is still leaking! I think we have decided to rebuild the roof. Removed our canvas and cut into the interior luan to see how bad it really is. It looks rough, the choice is stripping out all of the old styrofoam and wood material out and rebuild using the old aluminum skin and Eternabond rebuild using old skin, or rebuild complete new top from scratch. I think the scratch build might actually prove to be the less time consuming and more effective solution. I already have plenty of fiberglass cloth to cover the new top. My biggest concern is how to seal the top when closed to the box? Do I need to reuse the aluminum channel from the old top, or can I use a new seal on the top?

8. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    Working on the oven. It lights fine but will go out randomly while it cycles to maintain temp.

Adjusted regulator, cleaned oven pilot, replaced regulator. Still have issue.

Decided the issue was to high of pilot and when it lighted the second stage pilot it would sometimes blow out the first stage pilot. I thinkits fixed. 1.5 hour no issue. Headed out in a week. Will find out when dw uses it to bake.

9. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Add a Sleep Number Bed mattress....on my NTU CT camper.

10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I shopped. Both in person and online. Took some measurements inside. Planning out my gourmet kitchen. [;)]

Strawhouse likes this.
  11. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @Bigpopper yes, long mileage days are a thing of the past here too. My longest day on this trip was 410 and that was plenty. The 300-375 mile ones are more enjoyable, especially when I'm solo. (I do 450 or so OK, if I'm doing a day to get somewhere for a few days.)
    Our water pump doesn't shut off. It worked yesterday morning, but was a little "off". When we got back last night, it would not shut off at all. We still have some leak seeking to do, but may have to replace the pump. DH is inclined to take it to the shop when I get it back home, but if he can replace the pump himself, that would seem to be the cheaper solution.
    Since we're camped at my MIL's, use of our water system is minimal, but nice to have. We can't connect to her water for several reasons, so hope we can use ours, no matter the pump issue.

12. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    We cleaned the slide out cover and the slide out "roof." We treated the slide cover and seals with 303 protectant and dry lubed the gear shafts. We cleaned the interior and removed glue off of cabinets left by dealer. Yes, the VOC and formaldehyde stink and vapor are gone! The pouches worked!

13. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Got the ceiling lights working and winterized it.

14. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    Well, I'll tell you what I have to do. I need to clean out the burner tube that allows the blue light to burn bright for my fridge to work properly. There are great instructions here on the portal. Spiders or rust could be causing my current problems.

15. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We turned the TT around, so the hitch is now facing the road. I pulled straight in when I arrived the other day, and will be hitching up solo next week. As good as DH had gotten at backing the TT, it took us a few tries to get it placed well. Since I just managed to get it set up before the skies opened, I'm very glad I didn't attempt backing it without a spotter. Funny thing is that the new orientation feels right, yet we had it facing the other direction for the entire visit 2 years ago.
    We found one loose fitting, near the water pump. Tightening it seemed to fix the pressure issue for most of the day. Now we're back to the pump not shutting off. Tracing camper problems is not something we want to take up a lot of our visiting time.

16. Kristiecowans

Kristiecowans Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Fullerton, California
    I got Gizmos, sewed & stapled velcro to them & the roof for quicker set-up and I got a dutch oven for my birthday! !! I have been trying out dutch oven recipes in my back yard, yum!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

17. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Tweaked my interior shelves, added some stuff and I am now happy with the system. I think I have it about as perfect as I can get it.

Installed my high pressure LPG diverter on the front tank, and used my Weber 1200 Q on it. Worked great. Also got to use my Coleman Eventemp 3-burner on the line when needed. Just have to add a splitter so I can run both at the same time. Not sure yet if I want to run the Weber on the low pressure by converting it. I can see me using it at scouts a lot when I am grubmaster for the adults so I will need the high pressure bottle hookup.

Think I have a blockage in the sink drain line, need to try and snake it if I can, or will have to pull the lines apart.

18. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I bought my camper several gifts for her 1 month birthday:

1) A set of shelves that work perfectly! I had planned to build my usual wire shelves, this time involving PVC, but happened upon a small set of metal shelves at Walmart that were the perfect size. They were not even in the correct section of the store, just sitting in the wrong place waiting for me to find them. [:D]

2) A new microwave.

3) A new porch light fixture.

Today, I purchased glide tape at Camper World for the new valances I'm making.

And the month has barely yet begun ....

Strawhouse and HernandezHome like this.
  19. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC
    Well most recently we removed the awning for a much needed cleaning and pole repairing. We have had some issues with the awning zipper. The fabric that the zipper is made on not the bag had dry rotted and was quite a hassle to get zipped up. I found a local awning company in Charlotte that removed the old zipper and replaced with a 10 mm industrial size zipper. What a great improvement. But the best thing we achieved this summer was to finally get the pup out of the driveway and onto its own graded pad with a brand new metal carport. I still keep a tarp over it but now safe, dry and I get my parking space back. [CP]

20. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC
    Carport with graded pad.

Attached Files:

JPBar and HernandezHome like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.