So, what did you do for you camper this month? October 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Florida
    We bought a Stanley Prep and Cook set for a great price (on sale + rewards at Kohls). We are looking forward to using it on our next trip.

Many sites and stores carry it, but this link has the best pictures.

2. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I want this more than you could know! Don't care about the graded pad, but I desperately want a carport long enough to keep my PUP fully up in.

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We are coping with the water pump, best guess is that the pressure switch is going. We'll install a new pump once I get home. We are supposed to have city water on the last two trips of the year, but it's great to have our own supply on the road and as a backup.
    I noticed that the microwave seemed to have shifted so we worked on that. We've lost 2 of the mounting screws; I don't remember sweeping them up but they are not to be found. We got it secured enough to get it back home, and I am assured that it will not fall out of its space.

4. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC

We had to get the pad within 4" of level or the installers will not install.

5. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    just swapped out old factory taillights i couldnt find lenses for with new ones from etrailer. and while i could look inside,went looking for rot none found.. [:D]

6. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Colorado
    Tore out the old, decrepid, 2 piece, gate, hinges, and post then gave her a wider single gate with flushed hinges to get through so she doesn't have to inhale on the way back in to the yard! [:D]

7. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Put it to sleep for the winter [:(] I was hoping that get another trip in this fall but it just isn't going to work out.

8. cyclop5

cyclop5 Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Just got back this afternoon from camping in her. Ordered new bungee and hardware to replace the broken bunk end bungees. Hoping to get that done before the end of the month, then time to make her ready for the long winter nap :(

9. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Slowly getting her ready for winter nap time [:(]
    I was hoping for one more trip as well but my schedule will not allow it.

10. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    The pup has been sitting in the driveway for about a month while our son made repairs on his ATV in the garage. He finally finished the repairs and we got the pup back into the garage. We have one more trip next month.

11. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    Winterized the TT and put a new Adco designer all season cover on it and her to sleep for the season.

12. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I have just put ours into a barn to spend the winter building a taller roof so we can have a real mattress. I will also be redesigning the floor plan to better suit our needs. With any luck I may even get new canvas. :)

13. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Pulled out for the trip home, after 10 nights at my MIL's. We managed to eke out the 10 nights on a 10 gallon black tank, but I'd prefer not to have to calculate use that closely!
    The furnace decided to throw a hissy fit the last couple of days, when we needed to use it more. It would click on, but the gas would not light. Sunday night was the coldest of the trip, I tried running it 4 times before bed with no luck, just cold air. At 3 a.m. I was cold enough to try again, and it worked the rest of the night. Last night, it ran fine too. I'm not sure if we'll take it in to the shop unless it happens again, at least until the off-season. We have power for the last two trips of the year, and will take an electric space heater, just in case. (Also the fitted electric mattress pad, if I can alter it to fit the short queen, it was for the pup's double bunk.)

14. MD Saga

MD Saga Pop-up journeymen

May 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Getting our new-to-us Utah ready for our first trip. Replaced two bent rear stabilizers, replaced a broken porch light, replaced a cracked water tank fill hose, fired up the furnace, and found a manual for the cassette toilet.

Also, emptied out our old Viking and cleaned it, getting ready to turn it over to new owners soon.

15. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    We have it winterzed and ready to put it in storage.

16. mcbill2471

mcbill2471 New Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Dundas, Ontario, Canada
    Winterized and off to storage after another good year. Now we start compiling the list of repair items needed for the spring, and some Camping World "extras" for our Winter Trip to the Fort Myers outlet....

17. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    Got it ready for the Sewer Rally. Repaired the leaking bathroom skylight and while at it, upgraded the bathroom. YAY!
    Time to go camping.

18. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    On my second night of my return trip to NM and finally witnessed the EMS doing its job. Camped among lots of large RVs and TTs, it cut off power to mine due to a low voltage event. It's hot and supper time, so I think many have the a/c and kitchen appliances cranked up. I only had the fan on and had already nuked my food. Took 5 or so minutes to have my power back on. Nice to know it works!
    Also discovered that I left my hose bib splitter, pressure control, and back flow preventer on the spigot this morning. I have some other ones, but still not happy to have lost the ones I liked better.

19. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    After our trip to No. AL, we cleaned the interior and exterior and waxed the exterior. We are finishing off the black and gray tanks and then we will cover her until Thanksgiving - if we can last that long. [:D]

20. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Arrived safely home. After driving for 3 or 4 hours through rainy conditions, I found water under my sink (near one wheel well) as well as damp things near one window. Some of the Retro owners have reported issues with the wheel well sealant, I had hoped we'd missed that problem. We hadn't driven in rain for a long time, maybe since the first trip 2 years ago, so had not tested it since I'd heard about the problem. I take it in on Tuesday to try to seal things up. We'll have to keep an eye on the floor condition, since water intrusion can lead to rot. On this TT, the bottom is covered by a plastic membrane, plus vinyl flooring on top, so there isn't as much air circulation as with our pups.We're trying to get everything unpacked after my almost 3-week trip so we can get mopped, etc. Our next trip is in 2 weeks, so I want it ready to re-pack, in case it takes a while to be fixed.
    DH changed the connectors on one part of our rear-view video system. The original ones were difficult for me to disconnect. The video worked better on this last trip, not sure what we did to fix the blinking power problem. I had one day, though, were it was in black and white most of the day, which was a bit odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.