So, what did you do for you camper this month? October 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Storage top we put coffee pot on.....
    [​IMG]

New outlet behind coffee pot...
    [​IMG]

Been using Google for picture storage for years, not they must have gone and changed something becasue even the camera icon doesn't link to my camping /pup albums...

2. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Did you go to Sweetwater this year?

3. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    We did!! third year. had a great start to the weekend, Sunday was down pours, so went to a friends house to watch the Pats, then back for the Chili/Chowder cook off.
    That night was very windy!! not much sleep, No power in the CG due to downed trees, so it was a quick pack up and off to the inlays for lunch.
    we will be back next Columbus Day again. How was your season? you got a new rig again didn't you?

4. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Packed her away in the garage for the winter....Now onto planning and dreaming of next season... have to beat 23 nights and six states

5. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    We tried Normandy Farms this year but missed Sweetwater, made our reservations for there next year. I got a new camper beginning of last season; I don't think I saw you last year to show it off...?
    Glad you had a good time despite the weather!

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Drained water out of lines and HWH. Not interested in doing cold weather camping this year.

7. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Poconos
    New 2.5" mattress covers, new King and queen heated mattress covers, fabricated suspension rod shelving units, slapped a group 31 120ah true deep cycle battery.

8. momontai

momontai Nothing beats the smell of a campfire in the air.

Sep 26, 2016
    Oakland, CA
    I submitted the paperwork to change the title so it is officially ours. That's a good start right?

9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    momontai - now you can start modding it to make it yours!

The dealer's shop has been swamped, so they never even got to look at our leak issue before I had to pick it up so I can leave for Grand Canyon very early Tuesday; last solo drive of the year. I'll take it back after our last trip of the year, hoping the logjam is broken by then. If not, they can have it for a good chunk of time (I'd prefer as short as possible), since we don't have plans to go out after (US) Thanksgiving until sometime in the spring. If the proposed winter NM Rally gets going, we'll see if I can get there.
    That gives us the weekend to re-stock, wash the floor (I got the rest of the cleaning done before taking it to the shop), pack suitable clothing for this trip. I'm not sure we'll get to doing the drain mod on the fresh water tank, but we have the supplies. I have a couple of new or replacement Command hooks and shelves to install too.

10. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Oct 15, 2010
    Went a TrailManor Rally in Tennessee then cleaned out the perishables, sheets, and cleaning supplies. Cleaned the interior and put anti-freeze down the drains. We're not camping [:(] for the winter this year but saving money for a big trip overseas. Will de-winterize when we get back and hope to head to Florida or ?? in March. I'm missing camping already.

11. jberreth007

jberreth007 Renoing our 91 Palomino TXL-LB!!! So much work!!!

Sep 21, 2015
    This is the first month of my almost complete renovation of our NTU 1991 Palomino TXL-LB. First I got her parked snug in my garage. Proceeded to strip all plastic covers, trim, lights, caulking and grills off (tear down). Then proceeded to sand the frame, hitch and bumper with my Ridgid 5" random orbit sander. Once sanded, I applied rustoleum truck bed liner to the frame and gloss epoxy to the hitch and bumper (turned out real nice). After that, I spent a considerable amount of time using a wire wheel on my drill to grind off all the old decals and pinstripes. It didn't scratch the aluminum but it did strip the paint which isn't a big deal as I am repainting. Went on from there to cut a new 14" hole in the roof for the roof vent and after some minor fixes to my original cut, installed the new roof vent. After that I proceeded to use Geocel Proflex RV for all the corners and seems that needed to be filled (she'll stay nice and dry now). After I had done that I started taping for the paint job. At present I'm about 65% done taping so I should see some paint on her this weekend, weather permitting!

Attached Files:

12. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    early month I modified the electrical so now when I run the 12v fridge I can have it only run off the TV charging system or via a switch it will run off both. I have been noticing that when dry camping I start from home with 13.1V, but by the time I arrive at the CS we are 12.5V.

winterized camper and put it to bed in the garage. We were going to head out today for 2 nights camping a kayaking, but it's going to rain all day tomorrow. So we canceled. Leaves us with 35 nights under the stars this year.

13. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I put the pup in a friends barn for the winter. I am hoping to build a new roof lid and front storage box this winter. Keep your eye's open of the pictures.

14. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC
    Wow, have I been busy. I popped the camper up under our steel carport and began to clean the much need cleaning of the canvas. I used Meguiars RV and boat canvas cleaner fallowed by the stand by of Woolite and bleach. Rinsing well withe a hose. All clean now and awaiting the 303 fabric protectant to reneforce the water proof.
    I was weary of painting the support members from the wear and tear from the under the bunch clips I decided to rubber coat them so they would no linger rub the paint off.worked like a charm.see photo below. We Alonso had mower than a few curtains that had became quitters so I sewed the tabs directly to the curtains. Won't come loose now even in the heat for Florida in xmas. Also decided to re alley a fresh coat of white to the latches. I would still like to update the floors to a faux wood floor but xmas vacation is coming up soon. We will see what will take place befor we go.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.