So, what did you do for your camper, April 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    New month, spring is here or approaching for those of us in the northern hemisphere.
    I'll still give a battery charge reminder, for those between trips. Our batteries were installed on the TT before our first trip of the year (which was last week) and the TT is plugged in until I finish cleaning and restocking. We'll still need to charge the extra 12-v, since we've used it a couple of times while the 6-v ones were in the garage for the winter.

Right now, we're in post-trip mode; the next trip won't be for a month or two. We have an idea to secure the three drawers that open on the road, just need to figure out how to implement it.

2. Tin_man

Tin_man New Member

Jan 15, 2016
    Put the new registration sticker on.

3. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Finally got the registration done and new plates. Only 15 minutes at Wisconsin DMV. That is a record for me.

4. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Just removed the old bag awning and added our brand new Dometic Cabana 9' screen room/dome awning. Going to open it for the first time tomorrow and puzzle out how it sets up. We are excited to have it along on every trip (unlike the old screen room) so we can decide whether to set it up or not when we arrive.

5. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Ordered a new Shade Maker awning. The original Dometic Trim Line starting tearing apart after four uses, not a well-made product. We are excited for our new Shade Maker!

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I had a $10 coupon for Camping World, so trekked on out there after lunch. It's about 20 miles from our house, so I don't get there often; our locally owned dealer is a couple of miles from the house. However, there are some things the dealer doesn't seem to carry in their store.
    Not exactly a huge haul - a bottle of waste tank treatment and a couple of placemats for the TT. Still a good chance to peruse what they have in stock.

7. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Monongahela, PA
    Took it camping, since PA state parks open up camping the first Friday of April.

Just to prove I'm not "fooling".

[​IMG]

8. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Apr 15, 2007
    North Carolina
    Camping this weekend. [​IMG]

9. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah, new Dometic Cabana. [:D] For those that don't know, these can be used as screen room, breezeway, porch, etc. They can be opened up completely or closed up completely. It weighs less than my old bag awning alone, without the screen room, and it all packs up into the bag on the side of the roof. This one is 9' wide, 8' deep and 100" tall in the middle. It feels huge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    I installed a new regular Shademaker with twist to lock poles, not the premium with spring loaded poles, over the Winter but have not used it at a CG yet. I did put it up as a trial in the garage with the roof up about 3/4 of the way just to check it out. My first pup had a similar type of Shademaker and I was happy with it.

11. redneckgearhead

redneckgearhead New Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Realized I purchased it a year ago today. Still loving it.

12. g34rh34d

g34rh34d Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Installed airbags on the tacoma to prevent "butt sag" when fully loaded; picked up a 100w solar panel that I will use and attach to the bike rack on the top of the trailer. Also ordered a renogy charge controler that I'll mount in the trailer for the panel.

13. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    This was a good and productive weekend for the pup. First I refilled the propane tank and replaced the mounting hardware with stainless steel since it was a pain in the butt getting it off. Then I adjusted the roof. Either the previous owner backed into something or the did a major SPUT because the rear crossmember where the pulley mounts is bent about an inch, pushing the pulley forward and thus the back lower than the front. I tightened up the nut of the pulley and got it all leveled out as good as new.

Today I rolled it out of the garage and got the awning figured out. It's missing a part, but I was able to rig it up with a pin instead of the clamp. I also tracked down my electrical issue and isolated it to the wires in the roof, so I'll just run new wires as soon as I get some. Last I fixed the couple door catches that were broken.

All in all, a very good weekend and much closer to being ready for its first trip.

14. 00 Quad Cab

00 Quad Cab Member

Mar 5, 2016
    I am working out the little things for now.

This weekend I cleaned up\out the hot water heater and tested it, works great.

Test fired the stove top, 2 of the 3 burner valves are broken in the closed position but I found new ones online.

I didn't like all the extra wiring for the battery so I trimmed the wiring back and put new terminals on it.

I am extremely picky so this is tough trying to work on a budget for now and fix all the annoying little things.

O and I got the 3 old stabilizers (had to replace one) all cleaned painted up greased and new sand shoes on.

Hoping to test fire the furnace and fridge tomorrow.

15. Mamagoogins

Mamagoogins New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Must be close to camping season. We bought a camp toilet and a pop up shelter. We also bought a camp table with a built in sink and hot water on demand. This year should be much more comfortable! Now, if we could get the temps above 25 long enough to pull out the pop up, we would schedule our first camp driveway.

16. philage

philage ...out there...

Mar 16, 2016
    quebec
    like a kid at crishtmas :)....just received my new toys for my mods to come...led lights, digital thermostat, usb/12v/voltmeter combos,
    12v led switches, vinyl plank flooring, campfire tripod, midland weather alert radio, new battery, fans for the fridge.....and so on.

can wait for mother nature to ease down on us poor souls up here in the norhtern badlands....

think i will take a sick day......nope,,, have to pay for all this stuff and others to come... [:(!]

17. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

Jun 14, 2008
    Mine Hill NJ
    Waking it up this Wednesday from its 3 month nap. Going to clean water lines and restock it then Friday going to Worthington State park on the Delaware River. Can't wait may even leave Thursday as I have it off also.

18. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Charged the battery and dropped off my Campout Awning at an awning shop to have the bag replaced. $50!!! [8D]

19. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    Got thing out of storage for the first time this year and went camping. Fixed a few odds and ends put everything back that we took home last fall.

Ordered a new Shademaker Bag Awing that I was going to install at the campground. But it's designed a little different that what's on there now. I didn't have the right tools with me so it went back in the box and will have to wait until the next trip.

20. Redbird

Redbird Member

Feb 28, 2016
    West Michigan, USA
    After a warm start to spring with above-average temperatures in March, Mother Nature has decided to bless us with more of the white stuff. [sf] [sf] [sf] As a result, I haven't gotten a lot done *in* the camper, but I decided to organize all of our camper-related manuals and paperwork into a binder -- plastic sleeves and label maker labels and everything. The previous owner just had things shoved willy-nilly in a yellow mailing envelope. This should make it a lot easier to find things and not lose anything important, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.