So, what did you do for your camper, April 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamomof8

Miamomof8 Member

Feb 16, 2016
    I ordered fabric for new valances in a vintage camper print. I made some bunk end privacy curtains out of old insulated black out curtains I had on hand. I gathered almost all of my camp kitchen supplies. I made a two tier basket to hang over the sink and got a hanging closet organizer to hang on the clothes bar.

My adult kids are getting me a popup canopy w/screen room for Mother's Day.

I am in my last few weeks of the semester so working hard at academics but very excited to hit the road for six weeks in the pup this summer! The minute I finish finals I am breaking out the sewing machine for the valances; the fabric is super cute!

2. chrismarques

chrismarques New Member

Jun 24, 2006
    [​IMG]
    Started repairing some rot on the right rear roof corner. last trip out the roof latch pulled right through the wood and aluminum skin

3. Novarich

Novarich Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Started some of my repairs. Replaced the bungee curd in my bunk ends. Finished brackets for my roof supports and ordered grizzly grip. Ordered new tires.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Finally discovered the source of a mild thumping under certain wind conditions. I knew it wasn't the stove vent, or the roof vents. Turned out to be the webbing pull on the awning - it did not occur to me that it would make as much noise as it does. I'm not sure it's possible to roll to up in the awning so that it is accessible but doesn't swing and hit the side of the TT. No space to open it at home, so I'll have to give it a try on my next trip.

Turned the 'fridge on. A bit soon for my trip in a week, but it'll be extra freezer space for a couple of days, until my husband has time to shift things in the house. (We're going to buy a larger freezer soon, not for more storage per se, but so we can fit in more baskets to make it easier to organize. After 25 years of having things slide out onto the floor or my foot, it's time for practicality.)

5. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I don't know if this would apply to your awning, but on my parents' TT they slide the webbing in its channel to one side then wrap it around the post to get it out of the way.

6. DiscoB75

DiscoB75 Guest

Got the galley removed, now to remove all of the hoses and wiring.
    Cleaned and greased the whiffle tree, replaced the rotted bungee cords on the bunk ends.
    Snagged a trailer dolly at Harbor Freight, so itching to test that out.
    Cleaned lip where the lid rests.
    Trying to get the canvas cleaned and brighter, but hitting a wall on that one.
    I definitely need a nap...lol.

7. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @Rusty2192
    I do something like that when the awning is in use. The strap winds up in the awning when it's closed, but the loop on the end needs to stick out enough to hook it to open the awning.

8. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Sanitized the portable water system washed and waxed it. Packing it tomorrow for the Raccoon DOG next weekend

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

9. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Since buying this pup in October we have made quite a few improvements. The last one before our first trip at the end of the month was replacing the safety chain today. Glad I did. The old one was rated at only 880 lbs! The new one is rated for 3500 lbs. Way over what is needed but worth the peace of mind.

10. Camping Family from Mesa

Camping Family from Mesa New Member

Feb 21, 2016
    We have taken our 2015 Viking out about 5 times so far. Every time we take it out we can't stand the kitchen sink faucet that it came with. Today we remedied that situation. We picked up a new faucet that took about 5 minutes to install and functions waaaaaay better. This is a must do mod!!!

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Pfister-Sonterra-Polished-Chrome-2-Handle-4-in-Centerset-WaterSense-Bathroom-Faucet-Drain-Included/4740756

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. BamaRambler

BamaRambler New Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Since getting our pop up a few weeks ago we havnt done too much to it. Today we cut out reflectix for all the windows and cleaned the nasty vinyl windows. Tomorrow I will be painting the bumper, tongue and trim on it. I'm planning on taking it out this wkend to local campground for a trial run before we head to the beach soon.

12. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Started building the bike rack today. No pics yet. I'll make a separate topic. So far it's going well. Just need to drill 2 more holes and finish bolting it. Then add the 4 bike holders and paint. I think I have about 20 bucks in the whole project. Need to purchase a couple of pins to hold it up yet. I think I'll be finishing this up tomorrow.

We are camping this weekend for the first time so I'll have to make a list. For sure on side of the roof needs sealed and I put a hole in the front that needs patched as well. Then fill the propane and pre cool the fridge.

13. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Opened her and aired her out. Gonna make up the beds and reinstall the water pump later today.

She's gonna be the overflow hotel for the weekend as family and friends come to celibate my wife's "special" birthday.

I wont say she's turning 50 because that wound't be nice....

14. CarribeanCamper

CarribeanCamper CarribeanCamper

Aug 20, 2015
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Still more to go, should be done for our Family Rally in 2 weeks[​IMG][emoji559] [emoji570] [emoji571] [emoji559] [emoji482] [emoji226] [emoji274] [emoji276] [emoji286] [emoji287] [emoji293] [emoji304] . 3 motorhome, 3 Pop~Up and growing, thats call a Rally on my Books, & Growing. Lot #224,230,232,237 &238. Weeeeeppaaaa!!?? Caribbean Camper at his Best

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk

15. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    [​IMG] Put new registration sticker on license plate

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

16. gketchup

gketchup Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Painted, new flooring, curtains and cushions! All in time for the first weekend out![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Glad I worked on the [ALPU] last Wednesday, and didn't wait for the weekend. Fourteen inches of snow! Springtime in the Rockies. Mostly did the usual de-winterizing steps. Second time this year, for I de-winteriezed for the early-March trip to Phoenix, the re-winterized before heading back.

Made a mod I have been intending to do for a couple of years. We spend a good bit of time on washboard gravel roads, and the propane tank hold down had loosened up to the degree that it had to be augmented with a pair of heavy bungees. This is the dual tank tray system, with a threaded rod in the center, a clamp bar across the tank rims, and a long armed wing nut device.

The problem proved to be where the threaded rod goes through the tray by way of a threaded section fixed to the tray. This threaded insert was quite loose in the sheet metal of the tray. Took measurements with a caliper, and bought very large washers at Ace Hardware, then used a rotary file to enlarge the center holes to pass over the threaded insert on top and bottom of the tray. Added a smaller washer on each side, and then nuts. Torqued 'em down well, and there is no more flop and slop.

Question: am I the only one who thinks manufacturers of propane tanks should use a better grade of paint? Every time I do something near the tanks- say, connect/disconnect the batteries- white paint rubs off on my skin and clothing. My next minor project will be to Scotch pad the cheap chalky paint, then repaint with white Rustoleum.

18. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I've gathered all of the pieces necessary to make the galley shelf mod and add an under bunk drying rod. Also ordered a part for my fridge to get it running on gas.

Ah, I understand now. Sorry, I was thinking while it was in use. Maybe you could add velcro to the strap and body of the camper? That would hold it from flapping and you could just pull it right off when opening it?

19. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @Rusty
    I'm not sure that would work - a) I need a step stool to reach that high, and b) I'd have to really aim the webbing as the awning closes. I'll play with it next week when I have it in Tucson. If nothing else, knowing the source of the sound makes it less worrisome.

20. 64osby

64osby Member

May 11, 2015
    When mine start looking ugly I just exchange them. The cost difference between and exchange and a spray bomb is about the same. That and you save the time of sanding and painting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.