So, what did you do for your camper, August 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Here's the battery charge reminder, for those needing it.

It's too early in the morning for me to have done more for our camper than remove a bunch of rubber bands from the tongue jack. We'd started to use a rubber band to support the video feed wires, so I'd put a few on the jack, from the newspaper. They didn't survive in the heat and sun, so I threw them out, I need to scrape the remains of one off the jack when I have time.

2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Cleaned, scrubbed, polished, waxed. Packing it and double checking everything tonight. Getting ready to take her to the Maine rally on Wednesday.

3. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Just clicked to order:

[​IMG]

Researching getting the 12v system all up in case I end up "in the middle of nowhere".

Now, wouldn't that be wonderful!

Going from battery box and battery all the way up. Even going to check getting the fridge up on propane. We've always been dry campers, so this is a big change for us.

4. Papasmurf40

Papasmurf40 2008 Ford F150 and 1998 Coleman Sunridge

Aug 31, 2015
    GTA Southern Ontario
    Greased the whiffletree. Going to be going somewhere this month.

[PU] [PUT]

5. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Maryland
    Since getting the hybrid 4 months ago, we have been on 7 trips so far and the camper needed a good clean up before packing up to head to the beach on Saturday for a week!

6. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    unfortunately my road is still under construction, so my camper is still at Leonard's house. Glad your getting ready for Maine. Have a great time.. I will be picking mine up Friday and heading to O C not as packed and ready as you thou....

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sold it and looked at dealer picture and description of it. It was sad but okay at the same time. Hopefully, it will go to a good home and be greatly enjoyed.

8. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Started repackaged her from this past weekend and getting her ready for the next adventure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    - Changed the flush valve on the toilet
    - Adjusted my propane regulator, it was about 2.5 wic low.
    - Installed 2 fans for fridge. One inside and one behind the fridge
    - Added an electric GFI outlet on the AC circuit for running a electric space heater
    - Rotated the spare tire to the curb side, took the curb side tire to the tire shop to be balanced
    - started working on some steel mud flaps

DW bought a new trash can with a flip down lid.

Head out this Friday morning for 10 days and 4 CG.

10. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Got 4 new tires on our new dark side camper.....hybrid is still at the Dealer while I try to find time to go pick it up.....

11. swordfish

swordfish Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Finnally, made the wedgies out of delrin by CNC.
    [​IMG]

12. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Picked up our hybrid from the dealer.....climbed on the roof of the 'new' TT and started re-caulking the roof.....

13. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Colorado
    Installed new Dometic bag awning after the wind shredded ours at Ridgeway SP last month! Made a corner stand for my morning cup of joe and clip-on reading light. Added two, poplar wood planks to the tension rod bottom shelve over the sink so the legs of the coffee press don't fall through and attached a cup holder rack to the bottom. DW bought a Coleman Quickpot 10-cup propane coffee maker. Bought replacement 12v outlets from E-trailer and replace both of them since they looked to be the same age and one was broke.
    Just FWIW the awning was not a straight forward order. Called CW on-line number, gave them the catalog page number(s) and told them the color I wanted only to be told "No sir. That item only comes in green." Called the local CW and since its a special order I had to be there in person to order it. Thats cool cause there is always something I want for the camper. "The colors in the catalog are not what is in the computer for that awning". So we go with the next closest match; I want Onyx they have Flint. Got it two weeks later and put it on with no problems. The top on our Baja is 6-8" higher than the recommended limit to garage mount the awning (the lower mounts would be in the lower tent material) but I'm pretty certain porch style is going to be fine.
    The coffee maker starts brewing within a minute! You can adjust it to low and leave it on to keep the coffee warm but I carry a thermos in the camper so we just let it brew and pour the rest in the thermos, shut down the coffee pot, and all is well. So far I like it because the camper stove on propane at 7000ft seems to take quite some time to heat water to barely bubbling. This unit should save us time/gas. Comparatively, my white gas stove will boil the water in 1/2 the time of the open element propane stove.
    Looking to replace the radio with an updated and smaller unit. Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac seem to be missing some musical elements as if a channel is blown so maybe new speakers too :)

Attached Files:

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Our power went out last night, just as it got dark, so we spent half an hour or so in the TT, where we had light.
    While we were in the TT, I discovered yet another of the glass door knobs had broken. I really like the knobs, not only because they look nice, but they fit our hands well. (The original knobs pinched fingers on occasion, even given the difference in the size of our hands.) I guess I should start looking for replacements, when the extra glass ones are all used, we won't buy more of those.
    I ordered a Colman Pack-Away table that I've had my eye on for over a year. We need to reassess which table go on most trips. All but one of the current tables is very compact, so that one will probably be the first to be left at home.

15. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Added another lashing hook to the back bunk end (this is the end that my son and the dogs sleep on). Also put on a new bubble level (the old one cracked and all the water drained out [:(]). Getting it ready to go camping in the 1000 islands. We leave Thursday when the DH gets home from work. We are camping at my in-laws property on Mud lake with our youngest son and his friend (both 16 years old). Can't wait to get on the road!!

16. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Pulled the pup out of the garage to get it ready for Acadia NP next week.

1 - Gave it a good washing and waxed the roof.
    2 - Charged the battery via battery charger.
    3 - Reinstalled LP tank and purged the lines of air
    4 - Ran fridge on propane for awhile to make sure it's working fine.

Just a note: It took forever to get to fridge to light. I did run the stove to purge the line of air. But, guess the line going to the fridge had air in it as well. At least it finally did light and let it run for about 4 hours. It went from 78 degrees to 48 degrees before I shut it off.

17. ezakoske

ezakoske Active Member

Nov 30, 2014
    New tires to replace the 9 year old one that were on there when I bought it. I used one of the 9 year old ones to replace the spare that had a 3-digit manufacture date (pre-2000...probably the original spare [:O] ). I would have bought a new spare also, but they had to special order the tires - that'll be on my list for September...
    Bought battery cables to set up my dual 12v batteries in parallel.
    Reattached one of the restraining straps which hold the door to the ceiling.

Next: troubleshoot why my Norcold fridge only works on propane.

18. tsc

tsc Member

Aug 20, 2008
    SW Ontario, Canada
    Nothing too exciting.

Replaced all the incandescent light bulbs (1141's) with LED's

changed the key lock on the exterior shower to a thumb 1/4 turn latch.

Replaced the CO alarm with a new unit (should of bought a CO/Gas leak combo, but they didn't have any in stock and my old one was "end of life" beeping).

19. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Active Member

Jul 17, 2016
    Webster, NY
    Bled the brakes...keep forgetting to pull the bulbs to get LED replacements...

20. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Target had bedding on sale 40% off the other day, so I picked up a memory foam topper for the bed. It should help a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.