So, what did you do for your camper, August 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Installed a wired remote temp monitor for the fridge. Had one laying around so I figured at least this way I can monitor the inside temp of the fridge without opening it. The temp sensor sticks on the inside and then have a very thin wire running to the outside with the display attached to the front of the fridge door with Velcro.

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Sold it after being on CL for a few hours and purchased a NTU 2008 Trailmanor 2720 SL. No more canvas..........YEE HAW!

Attached Files:

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Finished changing out my springs, axle, wheels, and tires to get the camper to a 5k lbs weight rating. Took it out for a spin to test it all out and to get the brakes burnished in properly. Works great. Now on to the vehicle work...

4. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Solar panel is mounted, the wiring and controller is temporary. Also added 2 6 volt batteries, waiting for the battery boxes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also built a leveling ramp for certain sites

[​IMG]

Mamie likes this.
  5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Yesterday, my husband was finally able to crawl under the TT to drain the fresh water tank. (We arrived home from the Colorado Rally trip late on a Sunday, his bicycle accident was on Friday, so cleaning up had to wait.) He does think doing the extension mod to bring the drain to the edge of the camper is a good idea. That will have to wait a while, probably at least until after the next couple of trips, or it may be an off-season project.
    I bought a room-darkening panel drape to hang over the door. I have to hang new Command hooks, and the same dowel that holds the drawers shut on the road will do double-duty as the curtain rod. We won't need it on the next trip for campground lights or headlights, given our sites. It may be helpful on my cross-country trip next month, either in campgrounds on the road, or at my MIL's. (That depends on how the TT is oriented, if so we can hitch up easily, the huge street light across the street and car lights can be an issue.) We don't get as much cold draft from the TT as we did in the pup, but it might be helpful if we take it out in the winter.

6. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    could not out figure out why my new batteries were dying a few days after charge...something must be left on.
    well no, apparently every time the power source changed, the radio came on.
    I fixed that little problem by installing a battery isolator switch....they should come with one anyway..

7. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Gave it a much deserved bath after a week trip!!

8. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Norwalk CT
    Spent the weekend cleaning it up and re-organizing things for our next trip to Lake Waramaug SP in New Preston CT on Friday. Bought a new Group 29DC battery since I've been having issues with the old battery holding a charge. Want to go over the electrical system once more before we leave on Friday to try to find out if it was really the battery that was an issue or if there is a draw somewhere. If it wasn't the battery, guess I'll have an extra one as a backup and hopefully be able to find the fault before we leave. Not quite sure why there is an issue since the only 12V in the popup are 2 LED ceiling lights the water pump (on a rocker switch), voltage meter and usb ports.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    Replaced the breakaway switch. I had destroyed the pin with a weed wacker and replaced the pin and switch just in case.

10. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Added some more LED light bars to the cabinets and bathroom so we can see in the middle of the night without turning on all the lights. Also in the storage areas because things are constantly hiding in dark corners.

Cut reflectix for all the bunk end windows. Looking forward to seeing how those work next week when we head to Lake George. During the day, looks like low 80's but at night it will be in the 50's. Maybe we won't even need to run the furnace!

11. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Just bought eternabond, and next week (if it doesn't rain) I'm going to tackle the roof racks. I'm sick of the leaking and those dang roof racks is where my problem is as everything else has been caulked good and tight. I bought a tarp to use as an awning once I make the hangers I saw on Pinterest, but apparently my home improvement stores here hire some really dumb employees so doubt I will find what I need.

12. distracto

distracto Member

Jun 23, 2015
    removed the old original vent and added a MaxxAir 5100K series vent fan http://www.airxcel.com/maxxair/products/fans/maxxfan-deluxe. This thing moves a ton of air! pretty quiet for the size of the fan and at higher speeds makes for good white noise for the kids sleeping. turn it down to about 4 or 5 when we go to bed and i can hardly even hear it. i open up the bunkends a little and the breeze that comes through is so refreshing and it is nice to wake up without a room full of stale air. nicest part is the included rain cover, i dont have to worry about sudden downpours while out adventuring.

my local hitch shop fabricated me a 2" receiver which we welded to the rear frame of the trailer so i can put my north shore 4 bike rack https://www.northshoreracks.com/NSR%204-bike.htm on the trailer. benefit is then once at the site i can mount the rack to the TV and get out to a trailhead. this of course has added quite a bit of weight to the rear, so i front load the luggage and will be adding another propane tank and battery to my tongue to make up for the added weight in the back. also the way the bikes hang they act as a sail and create a bit of drag, pulling the tongue up and slightly unloading the tongue.

i also cleaned up the a-frame tongue and repainted it, looks like new again! can't wait to paint the whole thing.

Next is some door repair as the wood inside is rotted and needs to be replaced.

13. neeners73

neeners73 New Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Finished painting the exterior.

Before [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We did the inside in April, and a new canvas in July.
    [​IMG]

14. 00 Quad Cab

00 Quad Cab Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Well the ok girl got new shoes and a bearing pack/brake adjustment.

Also got the shower tray all siliconed up and sealed.

Spliced a cut hot water hose (previous owner).

15. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Got it out of storage today where it's sat for the past 2 months due to a very busy schedule. I also started planning some mods before our next trip. Now I just need to confirm I have the right parts and order everything to add brakes to the pup.

16. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We're trying to get ready for next week's trip. My husband put a wire shelf in the bottom of my closet, so my hanging clothing doesn't keep getting tangled up with my footwear, which is in a basket on the floor.
    Tiny little project - hooks at the door, which will store the dowel that keep the drawers shut on the road & will do double duty to hold a curtain over the door window when needed.
    I'll putter a bit to get things packed as much as possible before the TT goes to the dealer on Thursday, for yearly inspection and PM. This season, I've been starting to pack the 'fridge and freezer a few days ahead of the trip, but that won't work this time due to the inspection.

17. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Replaced roof vent cover with one that is more durable.

18. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Cleaned the pup before storing it back in the garage.

I purchased 303 Cleaner and 303 Aerospace Protectorant for the vinyl on the bunk ends. I have cleaned the top of the vinyl with either Simple Green or Greased Lightning before, but the 303 Cleaner stuff was much, much better at getting both ends clean. After I let everything dry for a few hours I sprayed the 303 Protectorant on and wiped it in to make sure I covered the whole surface. The vinyl on both bunks look like new. I even went around and did all the vinyl on the pup and even the bag awning.

I paid $9.15 for the cleaner and $15.98 for the Protectorant.

19. Grammy and Pop

Grammy and Pop New Member

May 15, 2016
    We just finished putting up new curtains and new seat covers made out of neat fabric shower curtains. Love the new look. Next working on a wire rack mod to hang from the ceiling hooks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.