So, what did you do for your camper, December 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Here's the battery charge reminder, for those who need it.

We had our last trip of the year over last weekend, and winterized when we got home in the howling, cold, wind. Monday I pulled out everything that comes out for the winter, so I could take it to the dealer on Tuesday. It won't be home for a couple of weeks, so I can't do anything for it directly.
    Since I only had the one day to empty it out (it actually took a couple of hours), nothing got stored away. Now I keep bumping into the totes of camper stuff - our goal for the weekend is to get it all sorted and stored away.

We're planning trips and making reservations as we can for the 2017 season. We have a list of small mods and repairs to do, plus keeping an eye out for some replacement items to make the interior space work better.

2. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Part of the sorting and storing process is done. We went through the food and kitchen-related totes, took out things that needed to be used this winter, and made notes about things to be re-stocked for next season. My stove is no longer half blocked by camping supplies.

The first trip officially on the calendar now is the Arizona Spring Rally, at the end of March. That gives us a target date to have mods and repairs finished.

3. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    Got the pportal license plate frame mounted with locking hardware and a on board battery maintain kinda mounted and charging

4. deLuxx

deLuxx New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Colorado
    I checked my battery and just looked at it. :)

Where did you find a pportal license plate frame? Sounds awesome.

5. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
  6. deLuxx

deLuxx New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Colorado
    Thank you so much.

7. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area

8. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Today, we completed a remounting of our television. The dealer just used .75" #8 wood screws to screw it into some sort of soft MDF. The screws constantly came loose. We fastened down the frame with extra heavy hook and loop runners (edges and center), 6x #12 bolts, nylock nuts with fender washers, and 1" x 2.5" x 6"wood bracing underneath. We also put rubber grommets between the frame and the counter to act as shock absorbers. It turned out great. 100% better than the original install.

We also scored on a Bissell Bolt collapsible vacuum at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It fits beautifully under the dinette.

Waiting for the second set of BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizers to arrive. We put them on the rear last month, and we like the performance. So now it's on to the front where we still have movement. Hopefully, next weekend we will get them installed.

9. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    Covered the Roo up today. It was a sad day in our house.

10. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area

11. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I dreamt about it. The end of camping season is almost as bad as the end of baseball season. I go into a real funk every year.

We had our first freeze of the year this week and all I want to do is go get the camper and head for the lake. [:(]

12. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Yesterday I watched the snow pile up on it [:(O]

13. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Finally got it all winterized and covered. It's so definite once I put the cover on, no more camping. [:(]

14. stefie19

stefie19 Active Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Connecticut
    We covered yesterday too Mike. With the snow we got this morning, it's so sad and gloomy sitting in our backyard. 123 days until the next camping trip....sigh.

15. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    Dropped trailer at a 4th Dealer to send report to STARCRAFT for warranty repairs on canvas and a few other items. Three other dealers just kept stalling (one is no longer a STARCRAFT Dlr since they have discontinued their tent trailers.

16. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Spent some quality time with my sewing machine (not allowed to touch the wife's machine, and with good reason :) ) fixing some mouse and wear holes in the cover, then I put the cover on just in time for the snow to start!

17. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I set up my pop up in the garage to have extra sleeping space for family that came in over Thanksgiving. Afterwards, I went through the "stuff" that I normally keep in the pop up and took out those items that I have never used.

18. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    I watched it get covered with snow [:(]

19. smadeen

smadeen Member

Traded the 2015 Coachmen Clipper for a new 2017 Jayco 16XRB hybrid!
    Got very, very weary of constantly doing repairs on the Clipper and the 1-year warranty ran out and with ensuing health restrictions. We decided to go to the gray side and still have the popup ambiance. Now waiting to try out the new Jayco during the first quarter of 2017 as campsites are pretty much booked in Florida for the next three months.

20. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @smadeen Congrats on the new HTT.

Our TT is at the shop to have a couple of leaks found and repaired. I won an RV wash at the winterizing seminar, so called the mobile service to have them do that and a wax. They can do that at the dealer, so it will be ready to be covered when we get it home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.