So, what did you do for your camper, December 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Pushed he closer to the garage in the corner of the driveway so I can park my sons car on the pad. He just left for boot camp [{:)] and will be gone for 8 weeks during the "Alternate side street parking" for winter.

$50.00 ticket if you forget and leave it on the wrong side....

2. Daddy Rabbit

Daddy Rabbit Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Folded it up for the winter and topped off the water in the batteries. Safe and dry in the barn.

3. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    so sad to hear all the close up for winter stories.
    installed battery lock system. installed inside volt meter with usb charge ports and cig. lighter plug for accessories.
    currently raining pretty hard, she's setup so I'm checking for wet spots. looking forward to jan. camping. was 32 deg. yesterday checked heater...nice and toasty [;)]

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Dropped our ol' Jayco off at Uncle Kenny's for storage. Uncle is a lifetime camper, so she will be in good hands. The Jayco looked like a skateboard [PUC] next to Uncle Kenny's giant Holiday Rambler motor home!

5. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    We installed the BAL Lock-Arm Stabilizer on the front; so now the front and rear are done. We ordered a napkin holder and t.p. hanger. They are bird themed. We are starting to theme our J-Bird with birds! It has been fun. We are also looking at a nice wood letter/key holder for the entry wall. That will wait until after Christmas. We also bought a nice American made (Georgia) runner rug to go across the front of the dinette. We want to protect the carpet for the long haul. Last month we purchased a collapsible ottoman cube. It has been great with the sofa!

6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I checked it for leaks during hard rains last week.

7. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Oct 15, 2006
    Graceville, Florida
    Changed analog thermostat for a digital thermostat, Installed piezo-electric striker for HW heater,

8. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Swept 7 or so inches of snow off of her. I don't like that extra weight on the pup. Anyone else do the same thing?

9. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Norwalk CT
    I put her to bed and covered her nice and snug under her canopy for a (hopefully not too) long winter's nap.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I worked a bit more on the supplies we brought inside for the winter, folding towels, etc. that were washed after the last trip. I'm trying to remember to make notes about what needs to be replaced or restocked before burying the totes in the store room.
    Made more plans and reservations for trips next year.
    Still waiting to hear from the dealer that the repairs are done, so we can bring the TT home, cover it, and do repairs and mods as time and weather allow. First trip planned is at the end of March.

11. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Jul 30, 2013
    I bought a couple of those cubes too! Only $9.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond. These have a couple of side pockets for eye glasses and what not.
    I bought new quilts (again) seems to be my weakness. [:!]

12. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    I popped up the Palomino to get everything winterized. Will probably leave it up, as we need to use it as a guest house for the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. papa and gram

papa and gram New Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Cleaned off the 7 inches of snow that fell this weekend.

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We picked up our TT after a couple of weeks at the shop. While it was there, we had a mobile service wash and wax it, so it's ready to cover when the wind cooperates.
    One leak, on the curb side (the floor next to the bed was wet after a few hours of driving in the rain), was deemed to be from the window. They fixed in some way - not sure just how, since it looks no different than when we took it in.
    The leak under the sink that I discovered the same day turned out to be from the p-trap. It may have been leaking a while (the moisture was under vinyl shelf liner). A while back, we had moved the stacking set of Magma cookware from the shelf to the floor, since we could see it was rubbing on the plumbing.
    The intermittent issue with the furnace flame not lighting could not be reproduced. The LP pressure and other tests were fine. So, a mystery it may remain.
    Since we didn't have it home to run the first of the month charge, that's under way.

15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Of course not. [LOL] It's like taking a kid to the doctor. They're all of a sudden better.

16. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Swept the snow off, in minus 2 degrees.

17. EricB

EricB New Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Purchased the brakes upgrade, yet to be installed.......

18. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    Still popped up... but cold![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    i created a "chandelier" for over the dining table. wrapped a hanging tea light holder with the thin wire LED lights. total invested: $14.
    its bright!
    the battery box is connected to top ring on chain.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Still tucked away in peaceful slumber. Only 4 more monthes before it gets awaken for another year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.