So, what did you do for your camper, December 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Sold the old axle, tires, wheels, springs, and associated hardware. Used some of the money to purchase the Joy Rider shock system and installed it on the camper.

Also purchased a receiver hitch for the rear of the camper. In a few weeks I'll take it and the camper by a welding shop and have a cross member installed so I can bolt the hitch to it. This will serve as a mounting point for my Yakima Fullswing 4 bike carrier. The intent is to be able to set up the camper with bikes mounted on it.

2. christbride

christbride New Member

Dec 13, 2016
    @ Katskamper where did you buy the chandelier, I want to get one for my PUP.

3. Redbird

Redbird Member

Feb 28, 2016
    West Michigan, USA
    I, um, brushed about 8" of snow off of it. Twice. [sf] [sf] [PUC] [sf] [sf]

We're collecting some additional gear here and there and counting down to the spring thaw. Camping season is still over 100 days away, though. Sigh...

4. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I pushed snow off it then looked at it a few times, from the window in my house

5. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    I did the same, except for the pushing the snow off of it.

6. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Walked outside in short sleeves and blew some dead bugs off the roof. Looked it over and wondered if the light frost yesterday did any lasting damage. Decided to make reservations for St. Andrews State Park in Panama City because I need to escape this bitter winter weather. [:D]

Love for you Michiganders to join me, that is if you can dig your rig out of the snow.

7. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    Checked on it this morning. There used to be a huge trailer by my Niagara at storage but its gone now... I hope it will be back because it protected my camper from hot afternoon sun. What I did to my camper... I brushed off a speck of dust off the Camco cover... hehe

I bought the internal led lamps but never got around to replace the old lamp that has been blinking when turned on.

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Found an Amazon Warehouse deal on the ceramic sort-of-wok fry pan from Magma that is new since we bought our set. It will stack right in with the rest of the pans and give us a good option for some meals.

Consolidated all of my "off-season" notes that were on index cards and pieces of paper. Things to restock next spring, projects or repairs for the winter, and the like are now all in one place, typed, with plenty of space to add any needed notes. We don't have major repairs, just a few small things this year.

We had an inch of snow yesterday, so it will be at least a couple of days before it's melted off and dry enough that we can cover the TT.

9. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    When out in the back yard and just looked at her, thinking just 4 more months.

10. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    We picked up the same pan on a similar warehouse deal. It's our first one as we don't have a set yet. Now dw wants to replace all of her kitchen pots with these.

11. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

May 22, 2013
    We camp-driveway-ed. Had guests for the holidays, so the wife and I have up our bed and stayed in the pup. It was about 37 degrees at night, but we were nice and warm. I had a feeling the propane would run out... and it did... but we had the electric cube heater on and the heated mattress, as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @adrianpglover - we've had our stainless steel only (not non-stick) Magma set for several years. We added the colander/steamer insert when that came out; worked great for corn on the cob. We did realize that, due to the heavy bottom plate, we still needed simple (non-stick) fry pans. The heavy plate means the pots heat up relatively slowly, but when they get too hot they take time to cool off. Eggs and bacon just work easier in other fry pans.
    When we had the pups, the pans were in the TV, in a bag I made. Magma just came out with a nice zippered bag to hold the pot stack and handles, which would have been great with that set-up. With our TT, they fit under the sink. However, we had to relocate them to the floor level (not as handy for me), because they were moving en route and ending up against the plumbing. We just had to have a leak fixed in that section of it, so we don't know if the pans damaged the p-trap and it just showed up or if it was coincidence.

It is supposed to be warmer than usual today, so I hope the TT dries off and we can cover it tomorrow. [We're heading off for a day at Bosque del Apache NWR today instead of doing things at home - there were plenty of birds there when we drove by BdA at Thanksgiving.] My husband still has to pull the batteries to put them in the garage for the winter.

13. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    I took a look in our bunkhouse yesterday, and found little/no signs of any critters having made themselves at home.....looked in the Hybrid last week and NO signs of any type of critters! That's the one advantage of having the campers at home, easy access.....although they do take up space!

14. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We found a new (at least to us) brand of indoor/outdoor carpet at Costco yesterday, made from recycled milk bottles. Soft and non-latex, 6 x 9, so we're going to try it for the inside of the TT. We measured the floor so we can make a template. We've been using throw rugs, but the sort of odd floor space made it difficult, as is finding ones without a latex backing.
    Today, we pulled the batteries into the garage and weighed the LP tanks used at Thanksgiving (looks like we used 8# in the TT, and another 8# for the Little Red Campfire); we'll have the tanks topped off tomorrow. Then we put the cover on the TT, it'll be covered for about 2-1/2 months. We left the power cord accessible, so we can plug it in when we get a chance to work on repairs or mods.
    [​IMG]covered by Andrea Vaughan, on Flickr

15. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    You will like the rug from Costco, we got one last year for under the awning. sweeps real easy

16. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    Still working with Starcraft on Warranty issues.

17. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @ChocoChock01 - I sorry that you're still having to fight for the warranty issues! It seems as though many manufacturers are not great at dealing with warranty things. We had a taste last year, with the water tank repair on our Retro - White Water is apparently not known for great response, though supposedly are working on it.

@JPBar - that's good to know. Our last set of throw rugs was sort of an adventure, they kept growing in size as they were used. After 3 or 4 days the two used in main "kitchen" floor area were a couple of inches too large. Not a great loss, they weren't expensive; folded up, they make great cushions on the cat tower in the sun room at home.

It cost us just under $8 to top off the two LP tanks, so we'll be ready to go when camping begins again in 3 months or so.
    Last year, we had added a good Calpahlon 10" skillet to use for things the Magma doesn't work well for. I ordered an 8" one, we're splurging on some better things for the camper these days; we used cast-offs from the house or lesser quality items for so many years. We don't cook fancy meals while camping, but good tools are nice to use.

18. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    Adding more storage access doors for fluffy stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

19. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Started making corn hole boards today, should finish them tomorrow. The weather here has been awesome the last couple of days.

20. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Added a new set of bike racks to the front deck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.