So, what did you do for your camper, February 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Here's your reminder for monthly battery maintenance charge, for those in the off-season or having a large gap between trips.

The weekend was very nice here in NM, so we took a day trip to Bosque del Apache NWR to see the birds - helped a bit with cabin fever. As the winds, sleet, snow and what-have-you descended early this morning, I was grateful we'd picked yesterday to get into the TT to check on some things. The folds in the cover already have gathered an accumulation of white stuff. (It was in the 40s just before 6, and hour later it is mid-30s and snowing at about a 45-degree angle.)

2. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Perry, MI
    Charging the battery, even as we speak [RTM] [;)]

3. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Peterborough area, ON
    Looking up battery info right now! We've never had one or a need for it, but we want to try more non-electric sites in the Spring and Fall.

Thanks for the reminder!

4. Austin694

Austin694 Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Ordered a sewing awl to repair my awning bag which had some stitches break.

5. Camping Cowgirl

Camping Cowgirl New Member

Sep 22, 2014
    New solar blanket bunk end covers as well as a French press. First trip at the end of April for 2016 can't get here soon enough! [CP]

6. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Made my first reservation for the coming year and found some lights I might try using in the pup. Haven't decided yet though. Rated battery life is pretty low at only 20 hours so they may go back to Costco.

7. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    DH finally put the batteries on the charge yesterday, that's something I don't do. (For one thing, he has the control box set up high for some reason, too tall for my reach and reading glasses.)

The new garden sign holder arrived, once warm weather is here I can work on painting the new camp sign. The Smarttiles for the new "kitchen" backsplash have been shipped, but that project will also need warm weather to do.

Ordered new stemless wine glasses for the TT, to replace the Lexan set that rattled around in both pups and in the TT last year. (I have a place to secure the new ones on the road.)

I've been scoping out times to get in more camping and working on alternatives if we have an opportunity to change a couple of the trips on the calendar. I like planning and it helps the winter seem like less of an impediment to camping. Six weeks to our first trip :)

8. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

Jul 18, 2013
    Thornville, OH
    ordered a digital stat. Honeywell heat only without a fan switch. never thought I would find one.

9. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @tenttrailer
    Glad you found what you needed. The issue we had finding digital 'stats for the pup and TT wasn't heat only, but finding a non-programmable. The one in the TT has a spot for a/c, but it isn't a problem since that part has no wires hooked up. Works fine. However, I wish it had the momentary back-light as the one for the pup did. I didn't think to check for the back-light when we bought the second one. It is difficult to read at night, given the location - anyone trying to set it is standing in the light from the ceiling fixture.

10. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Ordered new tires and rims for the pup.

11. hawkedshad

hawkedshad Member

Jun 5, 2013
    Cleaned and lubed the whiffle tree. Put the charger on the battery.

12. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    removed airconditioner and replaced gasket. Water was leaking in around the square there. Cleaned under ac area that had stained the roof. It was Hard to find 17X19 gasket but found on at getrvparts.com. Cleaned interior insulation of AC that has mildewed. Cleaned drainage tray. Going to Fort Wilderness Feb. 16th. So making sure everything is ready!

13. tzmartin

tzmartin Active Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Also cleaned and lubed wiffle tree. Adjusted the cables to tighten up the canvas and to make the door lock in more securely.

14. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    Bought her a boat....

[​IMG]

15. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Just camped for 2 days, lost a wheel bearing dust cap on the way, said the heck with it and continued on. I'll clean and repack both bearings and buy a spare dust cap!!

Next trip in 4 days!!!

16. Ligonier80

Ligonier80 Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Bought and installed a battery tender and adjusted, graphited all the locks (smooooth).

17. Rabbit86

Rabbit86 New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Lakeland, FL
    Checked the battery; and brushed off even more snow :(

18. gruss

gruss Active Member

May 6, 2014
    Looked at it. Charged the battery.

19. CarribeanCamper

CarribeanCamper CarribeanCamper

Aug 20, 2015
    Just got a new toy for our Camping World. Also on Full Remodeling Mode 1993 StarCraft Starstream 1224

20. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Brooksville, FL
    This actually started in January, but I have as of yesterday replaced the entire surge brake system. I bought and installed a new master cylinder early January and in the process of bleeding one of the steel lines burst (rust), so I replaced all the steel lines only to find a bad brake hose at one wheel. I ordered and replaced both hoses 2 weeks ago and then found one wheel cylinder leaking and the other frozen in place. New brake assemblies, here we come. Yesterday I replaced the brake assemblies and serviced the wheel bearings.

I also built and installed a lift kit for my axle at the same time as finishing the brakes. Details in this thread. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=101347.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.