So, what did you do for your camper, February 2017?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    First month of the year is already over and the shortest month has begun. I usually remember to write 2017 for the year, now.

Here's your battery charge reminder, for those needing one.

Too early in the day to have accomplished anything in the TT. We're having a warm spell, and my first trip is in two weeks, so I may get a chance today to move some things back into it. I bought a new roll of shelf liner for the kitchen cupboards, so I should rediscover the roll left from last year. The bottom kitchen cupboard is one that we keep re-arranging, trying to make the things we use most easily accessible. The leak I had in the fall was from the drain assembly, we had already moved the heavy set of Magma cookware to the lower shelf, but apparently the damage was done. (As heavy as it is, the Magma slid into the drain; it's confined in a smaller area now.)

2. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Oct 9, 2013
    21 degrees 12 mph wind feels like 11 degrees it says. Feeding the birds I thought my fingers would turn to Popsicles. Paid the rent at storage, kicked the tires, checked for meeces, and wished for warm weather. Welcome to Illinois!

Butcher SRMC likes this.
  3. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I haven't done anything. Pup still in storage for a couple more months. No major projects this year other than painting frame. Thinking maybe a little reorganization in a couple areas,but nothing major.

4. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    While dealing with cabin fever and wishing I could camp, I've been searching for deals. I found a bar sink from Amazon Warehouse Deals to use on my outdoor galley I'm going to eventually build, hopefully this year.

Then today I picked up a new extension cord. Costco has a 2 pack of 12 gauge 50' cords for $33. One with go in the pup and I'll keep the other at home.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
  6. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    My husband installed the last rooster latch, so all the problem drawers and doors have them now. Then he added a lot of screws to the bed platform. The supports for it had warped, and there was a lot of flex in places, given the huge gap. The MDF isn't all that sturdy, and it turns out the screws in one of the three hinges aren't secure either. One of these days, we'll replace the platform with plywood and better hinges, but this should do for this season. We also added a strap to make it easier to open the bed platform - the entire space underneath is storage, which we need to access several times a day.

We put JBWeld wood into the holes left when the door hold-open pulled out of the door on one of our last trips, when the wind caught it. The screws were only held by the thickness of the metal sheathing, they didn't have any real bite into foam core. If that doesn't work, we'll seal the holes and just use the strap system we devised on that trip.

7. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    Cut window templates for reflectix inserts. Now I'm just waiting for the material to be delivered. Put foam interlocking squares under the king sized mattress, ordered cushion to go on bench seat.

8. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The JBWeld seems to have worked, so the door hold-open is working again.
    DH installed the batteries for the season. We ordered a new webbing strap for one box, the original seems to have gone missing. I remember it was looking pretty worn, but doubt we'd have thrown it out without adding it to the shopping list.
    We made measurements of the floor in the TT, and my husband cut the 6 x 9' soft carpet we bought at Costco to fit. It ended up fitting wall to wall, and there was enough left over to cover the floor on my side of the bed. Much nicer on bare feet on cold nights, and should be easier to work with than the 4 or 5 throw rugs we've been using.
    Since my husband got the TT parked where it works best when we brought it home from the shop in Dec., he painted marks on the driveway for the tire and axle positions and front and back road side corners. This should give him something more defined to aim at. Similar marks for the pup helped a lot, the TT is more difficult to park correctly than the pup was.

9. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Took out gaucho (couch), reframed around wheel well and gas line for BBQ. Will cut top and front panels in a couple of days suppose to be pretty windy here. Wow did it make a difference taking that thing out.

10. Sewing25

Sewing25 New Member

Sep 12, 2016
    I am working on new curtains. Boy are the originals crooked but I can't bring myself to buy thermal liner when I can reuse them. I can't wait to get rid of the 1980's lumberjack look [:D] WHY were they still using that in 2003 !?!

11. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2013
    San Diego
    JPBar,
    What are you going to replace the Groucho couch with?

12. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    My wife has to sleep in an upright position, so she will use her zero gravity chair. Did the test fit after couch was out and she loved it. That is all that matters, if she is happy then I am happy.

13. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I ran the furnace and AC a while together to exercise them both and dry out the air in the camper.

14. deLuxx

deLuxx New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Colorado
    Charged the battery, regrounded the camper. I think I've figured out my wiring issue. Took it for a spin to see if I popped any fuses. Looks good so far. Parking skills are quite rusty.

15. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Finally a Sunny day, dry and temps in the 50s!! I popped her up for the first time since November!

The good - no signs of rodents!

The bad - felt damp in there.

The ugly - big fuzzy dead spider on the floor. Like big ewwww

So the dampness has me scared, I turned on the heater and fan. Sniffed around like a blood hound and did not smell any mildew/mold. I'm putting in a fresh damp rid and also putting pool noodles under the breathable cover.

Other than that it felt great popping her up and 'playing' in there. Come on spring!

16. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
  17. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @JimmyM - that handle is one of the mods I want to do, I open the slider panel and use the frame, but still it may not be the best tactic. I've popped the slider part out of the runners on a couple of occasions.

18. Redbird

Redbird Member

Feb 28, 2016
    West Michigan, USA
    There's not much to report this month as the PUP is still in winterized mode. [PUC] [:(] I exchanged the Concrobium Moisture Grabbers that I had in the PUP (I keep two on the floor at separate ends of the camper in foil disposable baking pans). I've swapped them out for new ones a couple of times since October. They seem to last 2-3 months. I also picked up more Fresh Cab to supplement what we already have in there (which is getting a little old). Knock on wood, but there is no sign of rodents in the PUP at all.

We're going to a winter gathering at the campground where we have our seasonal site this upcoming weekend. There will be a bonfire, food, tractor-pulled hay rides through the park, and fun and games for the kiddos and adults. It should be a good time. There's only about 65 more days to go before the park opens for spring camping. I have some serious spring fever. [SUN] [SUN] [SUN]

19. RayT38

RayT38 It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

Jun 9, 2006
    Glenburn, Maine
    For those that caught the post where I bought an Aerolite with a bad floor last August, the floor is all replaced. Most of the cabinetry is all in, and then came winter. Worked on the bedroom yesterday and got foam for the mattress cut and fitted. Can't wait for warm weather to finish the bathroom

20. rerspain

rerspain Active Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    We sold our 2003 Coleman Chenynne and bought my inlaws 2007 Palomino Yearling. We sold it on the first try which was nice instead of showing it to a ton of people. It's a little newer and has some nice features our old one didn't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.