So, what did you do for your camper, February 2017?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Got the propane filled and booked more sites. Come on April!

2. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    I drove through a new campground that just opened last year to check it out. Definitely wouldn't be my preference, but it could save a weekend if the state park down the road from it is filled up on a weekend I really want to get out. The whole campground was filled with trucks with empty utility trailers plus tents, so there must have been an organized atv event there this weekend. Not really something I would want to be camping next to if I was looking for a peaceful trip. But, at least that gives those people a place to stay and may help to keep the state park more open.

3. CO Hiker

CO Hiker Active Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Colorado
    @kitphantom
    JB Weld is some pretty great stuff. I used it to seal the surfaces when I put a push bar on the front of my Jeep then "caulked" the seams with it. Got slammed in to a police cruiser by a minivan sliding on ice and the JB Weld joints held like iron. I've also used it to anchor aluminum in place (coated the contact surface) on vertical metal surface at the hinge. Let it dry. Drill the screw hole undersize and tapped it for a screw. Booya!

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @CO Hiker
    The JBWeld seems to be doing fine, the door hold open has been used several times since we fixed it. It worked so well that we used it to fix the remote temperature sensor for the indoor/outdoor thermometer, which is plastic, it survived being blown off the A-frame on camp last weekend.

5. pasobuff

pasobuff Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Took a look in both campers, in the hybrid, NO signs of rodents, YAY! In the other, minimal signs.....just waiting for it to be warm enough for me to start cleaning and repacking everything 'edible' into the camper to get it ready for the season!!!!!

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I added valve lubricant to the waste tanks, the gray water valve was a little balky when we dumped it the other day. Too windy to do anything else outside today.

Took the microwave mount screw to the specialty bolt place. It puzzled even the knowledgeable man at the counter, no wonder we had trouble trying to find a match at the big box hardware. I have to wait until DH is home and has time to remove the microwave to see it it fits. (I know better than to try to fix it myself, I want to spend time camping, not recovering from hurting my creaky self.)

7. kudzu

kudzu Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    I cleaned out the refrigerator of the moldy produce we accidentally left inside after a prior trip. Didn't take too long to remedy, but was so very, very nasty. Eeeewwww!!!! Call the hazmat team!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.