So, what did you do for your camper, January 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jan 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottbaldwin01

Scottbaldwin01 New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    I added a 12v plug in mine, just need a USB plug now.

2. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

May 17, 2014
    Started praying for nice weather in Colorado, Utah and Arizona from February 27 through March 9 so I can take the Arrowhead [ALPU] down to Phoenix for winter muzzleloader matches. Last year I left it home due to threat of bad weather. Crossing Colorado on I70 the road was wet here and there, but no problem. Five miles into Utah it began to snow, and by the time I got to Crescent Junction and turned south toward Moab was in four wheel drive, and had to stay in 4WD 'til south of Flagstaff! Never saw a thing except sideways snow as I passed through Monument Valley. Power was out at Kayenta, and I pressed on to Tuba City with the gas gauge dropping alarmingly. This was "Type 2 Fun" - good to tell the story, but tough at the time. Was glad I had water, sleeping bag and granola bars along.

If the [ALPU] gets to go this year, plan is to leave water system winterized for trip down, flush and use it on arrival, then re-winterize for trip back. Glad I installed the pump and water heater bypass kits, need less than a gallon of AF to do the job.

3. GaJeep94YJ

GaJeep94YJ Member

Dec 10, 2015
    What part number did you use for the hard start? And what a.c. Did you install it in?

4. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    The part number is shown in the picture. It's a SPP6. What you can't see is that it's made by Supco. [link=http://www.supco.com/web/supco_live/products/SPP6.html]Here's[/url] the product page on it. You pick it out based on the size of the motor you're connecting it up to. Eventually I'll get around to putting one on my camper's AC unit...and probably one on my compressor...and one on my... You get the idea.

5. GaJeep94YJ

GaJeep94YJ Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Reading is fun-da-mental.... Thanks

6. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Got into the TT to check on it. Damp-rid is still bone dry; I'm thinking we don't really need to bother with it. (I'm not sure what to do with what we have, I even bought refill supplies-last year.)
    Had DH measure the back wall area in the "kitchen", I had done a rough measurement the last time I was inside the TT. We ordered Smart Tiles to install, to make a backsplash that will look like glass tiles. He also loosened the switches for the lights and water heater, to make sure he could remove them to make the installation easier. I'm looking forward to having the crooked one re-installed level.

7. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    thought about it today as i enjoyed the warm 54 degree day [SUN]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.