So, what did you do for your camper, January 2017

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    I'll repack the bearings this week and head out friday for a rally!!

2. ShellRidenour

ShellRidenour Live, Laugh, Love & Camp

Aug 12, 2012
    Clarksburg, West Virginia
    We bought our camper a new (to us) tow vehicle.

Coming home from a family gathering New Year's Eve, we hit a deer. It did enough internal damage (radiator, transmission, etc) to total our Navigator.
    [​IMG]

We take delivery of our NTU truck this Saturday.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

3. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    fortunately, it didn't go through the windshield!

and if you do hit one you want to do it to one side or the other to spin it out of the way.

4. ShellRidenour

Aug 12, 2012
    We were fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @ShellRidenour - I'm very glad you guys are OK. Hitting a deer is not a fun thing. We did that 21 years ago, while we were tent camping. In our case the deer slid across the hood and popped up and over the roof. We ended up with a new vehicle, the one that allowed us to tow our first pup.

Today, I moved up the schedule on our mods and repairs for the off-season, by almost 6 weeks. I decided to take the TT to visit friends in Tucson in mid-Feb. Long story as to why I'm just making plans to visit a Snowbird destination without reservations made well in advance.
    I managed to get a reservation at the KOA with FHU, so we don't have to replace the water pump before my trip. That and the fresh water tank drain extension are the most challenging things we plan to do - neither should difficult, but the working areas are not handy.

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Working on some alternatives in FL (1/2 + the distance).
    Glad you are active on this forum. I keep occasional contact with Unstable Tripod on Facebook.

7. aschumann

aschumann Get OUTSIDE!!

May 28, 2014
    Well I haven't been on the forum in a while but I have been hooked once again by all the knowledge and the great stories from everyone.

The family just spent 6 days in Nashville and 1 day in Memphis for Christmas. Only issue was the gasket for the AC leaked in rain water while driving to Nashville. So I have spent this month replacing water damage panels around the toilet shower.... I actually went ahead and pulled the whole assembly and replaced all the MDF and particle board with cabinet grade plywood.

While doing that we went ahead and pulled everything else out of the storage area and removed items that we haven't used in over a year and bought some new plastic totes that fit in compartments better for the items that will stay in the camper.
    Now we are planning our next trip in March.... We have quite decided where we are going yet....

Happy new year everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Walked into the garage and put my hand on the pup and said "Only 69 days till Spring"!!!!

9. Osprey92

Osprey92 New Member

Jun 2, 2016
    Taking it out this weekend to brush off the pollen! Hasn't moved in two months!
    My hubby will get to try out the 3" mattress topper I got him for Christmas - bonus, I get to as well!
    And get to try out the new electric skillet I have added to my cast iron collection on board.

10. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I remembered to call L.L. Bean to check on the replacement poles we needed for the screen house flattened by the wind at last July's CO Rally were in. They were finally in, so are on the way. Now we'll be able to choose from a combination of the two REI alcove shelters (which have wind walls), the screen house, and the TT awning for sun & rain protection. Given the less-than-useful awning, it'll be nice to have options.

11. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Active Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Just shovelling snow off my PUP--every 2-3 days since Dec 5th. Also moving snow from around it, so I have somewhere for the new snow to go. Was almost to the top of the trailer today, with another 8" on top of the trailer. Need to move more snow from around it tomorrow.

School buses cancelled today. Another storm tonight...
    All part of living in the snow quall area east of Georgian Bay! Good news for snowmobiles and ski resorts! :)

12. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Looked at it longingly today as the ice from Tuesday evening melted away.

13. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We went inside for the first time since covering the TT. All looks fine, though we found a 4 or 5" tear in the cover. The non-woven/breathable fabric has a dotted texture and the tear followed a line of dots. Tear-aid A to the rescue. We made another attempt to pad the corner that may have contributed to the tear.
    Auditioned the rooster catch for the drawers and cupboard doors, to provide extra hold on the road. It will work, so I ordered more. It will be easier to install than the original plan for the drawer stack, and a solution for the doors.

14. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012

Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C RV Surge Protector[/color]

15. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Put the battery back on charge.

16. ShellRidenour

Aug 12, 2012
    In addition to buying a tow vehicle, we just joined the Good Sam's, but more specifically, The Traveling Renegades chapter. Automatically adding 7 weekends to our camping schedule throughout the year.

Sent from my iPhone

17. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @ChocoChock01 - it that the new style with a cover? That would be nice in bad weather; I ended up pulling a garbage bag over the power column and EMS on one particularly rainy night.
    We've had our EMS for 2-1/2 seasons. It cut off my power several times in one evening last fall, when the voltage dropped too low.

18. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Reset the axle nuts... I repacked the bearings last summer so I just popped the dust caps off pulled the pin and torqued the axle nut, spun the wheel, backed it off, put the pin back in and done...

oh and camped a few nights!!

19. Firehawk068

Firehawk068 Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Stole the remaining full propane tank off of it to use under my gas grill :)

20. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    thats it!

the service rep at Camping World Valencia CA did the same thing w MY Propane tank!

and I was there for warranty recall! Go figure!

of course they denied it by saying I only had one of two tanks, when I showed up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.