So, what did you do for your camper, January 2017

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firehawk068

Firehawk068 Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Damn. Thats harsh!
    I bet they figured they werent getting anything for the warranty repair, so they might as well get something out of it?

2. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Mar 7, 2012
    I don't think they have that much invested in the company to want payback. It probably more like someone needed a tank for another job, and took it to finish up their ticket so they could get paid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    We picked up the Camp Chef RV Connection Hose to go with our oven. Took the oven side adapter off the regulator that came with the oven and went to the hardware store. Two fittings and some yellow teflon tape later and I've got the oven running off the quick connect fitting on the side of the camper.

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Chicago suburbs
    Just bought some rubber floor tiles to put down under the mattresses for some extra cushioning. Great deal going on at Harbor Freight - they have 4 packs of 25x25 inch tiles for $6.99 (if you have the coupon, $8.99 without). Now, only 4 more months of gray winter crap weather until I can put them to use : )

5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Just got through removing and painting propane tank holder, no wind and 75 degrees today. This weather is just teasing me right now, low 50's the rest of the week.

6. momontai

momontai Nothing beats the smell of a campfire in the air.

Sep 26, 2016
    Oakland, CA
    We went driveway camping for New Years Eve. The following morning my son and I spent the day upgrading all the exterior lighting to LED. What started as the plan to replace a cracked tail light cover turned into ordering all new lights. I have interior LED "bulbs" as well but those arrived after we but the trailer away.

7. CrystalCoastCamper

CrystalCoastCamper Stay strong and Camp on!!

Jun 16, 2015
    Newport, NC
    We're putting a new mattress in our A212HW today to replace the not-so-comfortable "mattress" that came with the camper. It's like the salesman at the mattress store told us: you're going camping to relax and be comfortable why do you would you want to sleep on a hard floor? [LOL]

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Uncovered the TT today, in cold, cold wind. The good news is that the cover is easier to remove than to put on.
    My first trip is in 2-1/2 weeks, about 6 weeks earlier than I had planned when we covered it up. It is supposed to be a bit nicer over the weekend, so we can do some mods (rooster catches and strap handle for the bed platform) and repairs. Then I can begin to haul things back into it.
    We're still debating what to do with the water system; if we de-winterize, we'll do that just before I leave, or I'll do it when I get to AZ. There shouldn't be freezing weather on my trip, but if I use the water system, we'll have to winterize it again when I get home.

9. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Raised the TrailManor and checked inside. It was dry and no critters!

10. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    today we popped it up and made sure no rain got in there from our recent monsoon. also swapped the light fixtures out for some new led ones that orchid posted here.sure make a huge difference.also charging battery. oh, and swapped out some broken latches.

11. bfishsr@gmail.com

bfishsr@gmail.com New Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Opened her up to put in the new stabilizer jacks, and other upgrades that I will install after it gets a little warmer.

12. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We got started on the mods for the season today. The drawers in the Retro have always tended to open on the road, and the kitchen doors on occasion also did. We put a stiffer catch on one door last year, but it made it difficult for me to open.
    I found reference to something called a "rooster catch", used in older TTs. It seems like they should work, so we're adding them to the 3 drawers and 3 doors (pantry and upper and lower kitchen ones).
    Never as straightforward as we'd like, but DH got 5 of them installed today. The wood scrap he had doesn't match the cupboards, but I was not going to delay things to stain it or dig deeper into the garage.
    Upper - it will still take both hands for me to open, but I'm OK with that.
    [​IMG]new upper latch by Andrea Vaughan, on Flickr

Drawers and lower cupboard - I won't have to remember to put the dowel into the handles each time we break camp.
    [​IMG]new latches bottom by Andrea Vaughan, on Flickr

13. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    I decided not to put on my new stabilizers, and just carry in side storage. The reason I had to replace one of them is because I caught it on the road going off road.

14. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    Tried to make a c clip for the sheperd pole.

15. ChocoChock01

Mar 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Texas
    Replaced and installed new Anode rod in hot water heater, cleaned back side of fridge area. Get to grease wheel bearings, and lift system today. May get started next week or so on inside yearly maintenance and mods I will be making.

17. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

1. Cover vents with Window screens to prevent bugs from entering trailer
    2. Reattached Microwave into brackets using loctite , bolts and nuts
    3. Add chain to grey water cap
    4. Bought and installed a 7 pin plug cover to prevent bugs & dirt
    5. Purchased a Y Spigot for water lines
    6. Bought a 9x12 RV Mat
    7. Purchased a Trailer dolly
    8. Bought a Accurite Weather station from Costco
    9. Purchased and replaced all exterior lights to LED bulbs for Porch, Front Deck, side lights, and Taillights.
    10. Bought a Memory Foam mattress topper from Costco
    11. Purchased and replaced old dish pans with New Sterilite Dish pans, Rubbermaid Dish rack and XL Drying may.
    12. Reorganized items stored in the trailer, labeled each container and updated the gear list.

We only need to pack food and clothing for each trip. And when camping, I keep a list of items needing to be refilled or replaced before the upcoming trips. Being organized and planning carefully helps getting ready for camping easy.

Happy Camping... [ALPU] [PUT]

18. Riveyman

Riveyman Member

Apr 15, 2014
    NC
    Had some warm weather a few weeks ago and decided to add the drawer I dreamed up in my head. [:O]
    Welp, it worked out pretty good. A few things left to do. Route the edge, stain it and put a handle and draw lock on it.

Attached Files:

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Boston, MA
    I changed the auto-changeover regulator bracket.
    The bracket that came with the regulator originally on the camper didn't position the new Marshal regulator properly. Now it's mounted a little farther down to allow the wingnut to clear the top of the regulator and also farther forward to allow the low pressure tap a little extra room so vibration doesn't allow it to hit the tank.

20. jam0911

jam0911 Member

Mar 22, 2012
    Replaced the front two stabilizers that a friend of mine bent when he borrowed the popup. He was generous enough to buy me new ones. Don't like that they were only held on with sheet metal screws so I'm going to add a few bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.