So, what did you do for your camper, July 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dniese

dniese New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Installed a voltmeter/USB ports/Cig lighter combo. And an LED upgrade.

Attached Files:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
  3. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    Jimmy M!!!

Thank you LOL!!!!
    That's what I always tell my wife and boys!!

Have a good weekend coming up and thanks for the laugh!!!

-Miller

4. whitecastleman

whitecastleman Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I sold my camper and bought a larger/newer one.

I moved from a LivinLite Quicksilver 6.0 to a LivinLite Quicksilver 8.0. Both have the same "all-aluminum-no-wood-to-rot" construction but the 8.0 is longer and wider and has two bunks instead of one.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Franklin, MA
    When I come inside with a cut/bleeding, my wife asks "So? Job well done?"

6. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    ...and in my case, depending on the amount of blood, yes its done, or not done yet!!

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Getting things gathered and packed for the Rally trip to Colorado, we leave this weekend. We have a lot of it done, just need to put food in the 'fridge and cooler, clothing into the TT and pack the TV - whichever one that may be.
    We're waiting to hear if the dealer gets our Colorado truck reassembled successfully, using the defective part. The new part will not arrive until mid-August. (That turns out not to be a small piece, which is what we pictured when they said it's the PCV valve, but what looks to be the whole assembly at the top of the motor.) They keep telling us no one in the dealership, nor at however many higher levels, has seen this part go wrong. It is not something they can just take off a shelf or another truck, apparently, it must be assembled specifically for this repair. When I first asked if they could just put it back together for now, I was told that probably wouldn't work. Then the service boss talked to "Chevy" (whatever section they have been consulting about this), and hey, presto! they could assemble it and send us on our way with extra oil.
    We can still tow with the 4Runner, but the truck does much better. A loaner from the dealer could not be taken out of state, and finding a rental to tow and hit the dirt roads isn't likely, though it would be up to the dealer to try.

8. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Took some things out to the TT and found the newest Command strip wall pocket had fallen off, scattering the contents to the floor. Sigh. Used older strips to reattach it, we've had two on another wall since last season. This is the second fail with clear Command strips this year, though to be fair, the inside temps of the TT have been over 100*.
    We picked up the Colorado yesterday, along with the extra bottle of oil, so we can take it on the Colorado vacation and Rally trip. Our service "writer" said that Chevy keeps changing the date that the new part is due, so we're very glad they could put it back together for now. This is the best part of the year to have one vehicle at home, since DH commutes to work on his bicycle most days. However, having the option to drive is handy, as is being able to get to places independently.

9. Bigpopper2008

Bigpopper2008 Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Finally got to use the new camper. All set up and no water heater bypass visible. Under, over, in and out, finally went and looked at a couple if our neighbors units and got idea of where to look. Dealer failed or I forgot ("doubtful") to point the valves out. Found them under the closet behind a screwed on panel. Jayco manual has nice pic and explanation just not where to find them. M put up hooks where needed and made it homey. Glad to have a shower after that adventure.

10. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I adjusted the roof height. One corner was really high. Still need to change oil in the pickup, put blankets and sheets back in. They are washed. Need to clean it up and organize for our trip to Custer. Also need to re pack bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MsMac

MsMac Active Member

May 19, 2016
    My partner will be installing the trailer brakes before our next trip in several weeks.

He may also work on fashioning an outdoor shower for us.

12. family of 5

family of 5 New Member

Jul 11, 2016
    i have cleaned all the canvas . made new curtains and valances also recovered all the seats (6 cushions), made toss pillows and repainted the cabinet hardware to match everything .

13. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    I put new trim molding on the roof. When I pulled out the old trim it was so brittle it broke into 3 pieces. Before putting the molding in my ds and I brushed out the dirt (there was quite a bit) then I used a can of air to blow out the remnants. Worked like a charm!

14. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Camped 2 nights at Greenbrier State Park in Maryland. Finally wash the floor and vacuumed the carpet.

15. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Replaced the gravity fill line that rotted, built a grey water drain vent, picked up a straight garden hose port for the shower drain instead of the elbow the camper came with, cleaned out the front storage and started organizing my gear, trimmed the mattress pads to fit and put mattress covers on both bunks, and figured out how to properly close it with 2.5" of mattress topper on each bunk.

16. StageLover

StageLover Member

May 20, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Finished up my winter project: new storage locker on the front. The pup had no externally accessible storage so anything that we needed before raising the roof (lumber, chocks, jacks etc) had to be carried in the TV.

Attached Files:

17. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Repacked bearings for next weeks vacation trip. Also cut off the broken stabelizer this morning and had my friend weld On a new one.

Going in Monday for new shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Theblindlady

Theblindlady Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I have been trying to find replacement top supports. Those darn metal poles that go around the poles that lift the top. The safety poles I guess you would call them. I just happened to be working with some pvc pipe in another project and the answer came to me. I used my table saw and cut out a 1" chanel (length wise) on some 1 1/4" pvc. Cut the pipe to the same length as my old support poles and now I have my cheap top safety supports. The pvc is flexible enough the snap right around the top supports. And they don't rust or bend!!

19. Theblindlady

Theblindlady Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    I installed a straight line of led white lights on the door side of the top. They run from the front to the back. I picked up the power for the lights from the porch light installed there. I used an old very small power switch from a computer to turn them on and off. I put the switch right above the door on the inside. My grand kids will love them. Pictures to come.

20. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Took it camping this weekend, went to Cabelas, spent too much money, packed up in the rain, got home and had a SPUT! Ripped the canvas in my haste to get her open and dried out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.