So, what did you do for your camper, June 2016?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    We just installed one of those USB charging outlets in our kitchen. I picked it up at Home Depot for about $20.00. I plan on putting one in the pup as well.

2. Winchested

Winchested Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Got to watch those outlets most of them don't charge near as fast as a regular adapter .

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Finished packing it and left for the Quad-State Rally. Left home this morning, with a night on the road, in Flagstaff. As the day went on, the winds picked up -again. This is my second solo trip this year and so far, I've encountered winds every time. I hate to tow in the wind.
    The new rear-video monitor is nice, but there is another loose connection somewhere along the way. With no discernible interval or cause (bumps, curves, etc.) it would just go to blue "no signal" screen, then blink on again.

4. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Got it a parts camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. steveonzakon

steveonzakon Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Camped in it.

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

Oct 1, 2014
    I put a few holes in it because I had my mind some where else when I hitched up. I neglected to put the lever on the hitch down before I drove off.Thanks to the safety chains i did not kill my truck or total the camper just the storage box that needed to be replaced anyway. This just means I should get to fixin the box sooner than later.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sorry, JNC. Bummer. I hope you can patch that up without too much trouble.

We finished the refer compartment repairs (see thread under refrigerators) and replaced the damaged ignition/spark conductor for the refer. Next we will seal the toilet and shower which were never properly sealed. The plastic shower surround also needs to be properly adhered to the wall; it regularly detaches from the wall. Then we will properly attach the toilet vent. All of this is fixing factory derelictions. Then we will rust treat and paint the steel dinette cover under the slideout. Last, we will service the wiffletree and the lift system and giver her a bath. She should be ready for our NM trek!

I serviced the wheel bearings and adjusted the brakes last week. I am glad that took the hubs off and did a full bearing, race, and seal replacement. The bearings had visible wear that I would not have seen otherwise.

8. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    You peeked my interest about how well the outlet charges over the regular adapter. So, I did a totally unscientific test with the outlet I installed in my pup with the house outlet/adapter. These are the numbers: Outlet in pup, 15 minutes it charged my phone a total of 12%. The outlet in our house with phones adapter... 15 minute charge on my phone produced 10% gain. Again, not really scientific but it shows the one I purchased is good. I paid a little more for higher quality outlet so you are correct, make sure you get something that works.

9. Hummmmm

Hummmmm New Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Added a digital voltmeter and a digital thermostat. I cut reflectix for both bunk ends, and sewed some covers for each end (homemade PUGs). We will see how it works. Fixed a leaky seal on the sink drain, and replaced lights with LEDs. We just purchased this camper this month, so we will be hitting the road next weekend for the first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

10. TRR

TRR Active Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Alabama USA
    Nice! I added a similar one to mine, but it has 4 USB ports and no regular outlets.

[​IMG]

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-4-2-Amp-Decora-4-Port-USB-Charger-Combo-Outlet-White-R02-USB4P-0BW/204659600

However, I found that these things are apparently sensitive to spikes, surges, etc. I fried two of them without trying. Just sitting there with nothing plugged into them they stopped working. I suspect that connecting/disconnecting to shore power made some small spike or surge. So after getting the second one replaced I added a switch. Now I leave it powered off until I need to use it. Has worked great. With 4.2 amps it can charge phones and tablets all at once.

11. deLuxx

deLuxx New Member

Jan 31, 2016
    Colorado
    Added two front scissor jacks, added quick connect to my battery for the solar panel. Now just need to get it out

12. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Got to the Rally campground. I found out that I can put up our new shade/rain tent solo, even in a still breeze. It is easier with both of us, though.
    Adding a (metal) dry erase board to the camper last year was one of the handiest mods. Makes it easy to jot down items that need to be restocked, added, or fixed. The new door knobs are nice, but need washers or something to keep them tight.
    I added bumpers to the lift-up island bed. However, I think the odd noise that has made me think there was a critter under the bed is due to one of the length-wise supports warping and pulling away from the platform. I'm not sure if we can salvage the support or need to make a new one.

13. popeye304

popeye304 New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Just purchased the Flagstaff 206LTD... cleaned it... DW has made new curtains for the windows and cushion covers, more pictures will be available later this week when she does the bunk curtains- should look real nice... 145R12 Carlisle Radial Tires received... they'll be installed this coming Monday... saved over $100 by ordering the tires through Amazon ($38/tire)... and taking the tires down to one of those sketchy looking used tire places...tires installed for $5 per tire... thanks Tire Kingdom, Discount Tire, and Gator Tire... smh... also sprayed the lifting posts with silicone.

Attached Files:

14. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Bought one of those battery powered fridge fans. Gonna need all the help I can get with my fridge next week as it's going to be 103. Good news is on ac it maintains 50 easily so on propane I should be good with my fans. And outside fans.

Also bought a cheap thermometer Made for a car to have in the fridge. That way I can monitor it without opening.

Started building a shelf to go where the outside stone would go. It's nice to have a little shelf to put crap on. That's all we ever used tht stove for. We don't ever take it anymore. It's too bulky.

Also replace a cabinet latch and mounted the pvc tube I got of the parts camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Boston, MA
    I installed a Husky Brute HB4500 power tongue jack. You may notice an extra white wire going up the column. That's a dedicated ground wire. I spliced it in inside the enclosure. Many of the bad reviews reference a lousy ground connection. I used a 10 AWG THHN wire.
    [​IMG]

I also installed a plug in port for my macerator pump.
    I ran the wire but am waiting on adhesive lined heat shrink to complete the connections. I wired it with 10AWG stranded THHN.
    The screws are #10 stainless with nylock nuts on the back. The port is a Zamp Solar wall plug. The wires it came with are 14AWG, but I'll be connecting them to the 10 gauge for the run up to the battery. I've also got an ATC weatherproof inline fuse for connection at the battery.
    [​IMG]

16. 64osby

64osby Member

May 11, 2015
    We went camping. [:D]

[​IMG]

17. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Jun 5, 2014
    LG Region NY
    Camped in it, finally! (And that's my NTM TV in the pic)

Attached Files:

18. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Now that's a "What Did You Do Update"! We are hoping to join you soon. We are almost through our 2016 punch list. I will update when I finish the wiffletree in the coming days this week.

19. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    We are camping without hookups next weekend, which is very rare for us. I don't think it's worth it to buy a deep cycle battery yet, so I figured I would try something else. The only 12V in the pup is the LED ceiling light, which only draws 0.6 amps. I thought about what I had in the garage and this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

I have a power adapter for my 12 V drill set that has both a cigarette lighter and a couple USB ports. I have 3 li-ion batteries for it. They are small, but as long as I can get a couple hours out of each I'm fine.

I just wired in a male cigarette lighter plug I had to make the connection. So far so good. I'll also have other sources for light just in case.

20. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Where is that campground! Awesome view.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.