So, what did you do for your camper, June 2016?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Under interior, I forgot to list the linoleum, exposed wood floor, and wheel well gap under the sink. We sealed the gap around the wheel well, treated the exposed wood floor with water proofing sealer, and glued and stapled the linoleum for a clean well-sealed finish.

2. gameofender

gameofender Member

May 13, 2016
    Ohio
    Picked up a new a&e trimline 11' awning along with the add room. (add a room is a stock photo hoping to get out this weekend to get an actual photo of it on my camper)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. lilbuzz

lilbuzz New Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Patched small holes in aluminum roof, filled them with J B Weld, then used self-etching primer and a couple final coats of paint. Replaced caulking on roof with Dicor non-leveling stuff, which I did not find easy to use. Removed paneling in front of water heater, and re-installed it with screws (was glued on) so I can have easy access to the plumbing lines. Replaced plumbing lines and, fittings, and replaced the water heater bypass kit. Added a board at one corner of the frame that held the paneling in front of the water heater because the frame did not touch the floor by a good 3/4 inch. The only thing supporting the person sitting in that spot was the paneling itself - poor craftsmanship on the part of Viking!

4. popeye304

popeye304 New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    DW finished re-doing the curtains and covers for the cushions and beds... turned out pretty darn good! Now, wht else can I get her to make? Lol... Diane did fantastic! IMO

[​IMG]

5. lilbuzz

lilbuzz New Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I also replaced all the light bulbs with LED equivalents. Hoping to get just that last minute of reserve charge when dry camping.
    And, I purchased a new deep cycle battery.

Ruikee likes this.
  6. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    Tell the DW she did a lovely job on the upholstery and curtains! Very nice!

Sounds like you've tackled all the major issues, so get out there ASAP and camp in it! [8D]

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Door knobs arrived today, so I can replace the one that broke and have a couple extra. Pretty glass, but they may not be practical for the TT.
    Since we dumped fresh water and waste tanks the other day, I added the seal conditioner to the flush toilet so it doesn't get too dry.
    The door is still sticking, I could not open it this afternoon, once the temperature was above 90*. My husband will be filing down the screws holding the strike plate, those seem to be the current problem.
    Called to see what the status of the TV is. Part is still on order, they are supposedly trying to track it down or expedite it or something (the phone connection wasn't the best). Reminded them that we have a trip coming up at the end of next week and really would like the truck back, in good working order. It actually runs well, just uses oil in some manner. We used the 4Runner to tow it to the dump station last weekend, and were reminded of a couple of the reasons we changed TVs.

8. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    We love our add a room. Won't camp with out it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Unfortunately, we won't have any time to camp in July or August and the next planned trip is in late September, so I'm taking the pup to its off-site storage place for a while to free up space in the garage. I got it all packed up and ready to go this weekend.

10. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    [​IMG]

I figured it was time for new tires and wheels!!

[​IMG]

They were delivered just as I returned from topping off the propane!!

11. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    I popped it up for the first time since summer of 2014 to find no mouse/insect/other critter damage!! Woo hoo!!

12. Miller

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    Very Awesome!!! Way, Way Lucky!!!! Not stored inside?

13. eoleson1

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    I know, right? Correct, not stored inside. Parked under the trees beside the house. I hadn't planned on leaving it there so long. My job had me on the road 9 months in 2015, so no time to camp last year. This year, I was scared to open it.

This fall I will put a couple of bars of Irish Spring in it to keep the critters away. Probably should have done that last time. Then is wouldn't have smelled like stale campfire when I opened it!

14. Miller

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    [​IMG]

Scored this awning free, about 20 years old I guesstimate, Colorado Carefree.
    Remaining simplistically creative I secured and attached for a stable, practical and very easy & smooth set up / takedown.

[​IMG]

Can't complain! After all, the eras of the awning and PUP match!!!

15. Miller

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    Nothing I like better...after a few years of being closed up...than the smell of stale campfire in the morning!!!

Not bad!!!

We camped the weekend past, two cars to our close state forest so we could bring our two dogs and the two boys etc...
    My DW's car was invaded by mice or chipmunks I n the campground parking lot. It sat only two days but we re in the forest and she did have food crumbs inside around the boys car seats etc...

You went years!!! We could go two days!!!! LOL!!!

16. eoleson1

Jul 5, 2011
    Macomb County Michigan
    Hmmmmm....maybe I should throw a bar of Irish Spring under the seat of the Colorado!

17. TheEvilKaren

TheEvilKaren "That's what I do; I drink and I know things."

Jan 2, 2015
    Brought it home!!! We're leaving tomorrow morning on a 10-hour+ drive to my family's property on the Ottertail River in MN, right where Ottertail Lake flows out into the river.

IF we can fit everything piled on my dining room table into my Grand Cherokee! [;)]

We painted the cabinets on a nice weekend earlier in the year and I'm eager to see how the paint has held up so far. We're taking new flooring with us to install while we're up there, after the frenzy of Fourth of July weekend is over. Pictures may or may not follow. LOL.

18. cyclop5

cyclop5 Member

Jun 18, 2015
    well.. the portable A/C unit with the custom ductwork did *not* go as well as hoped. Went camping last weekend, and A/C just didn't cut it. Although, it was 90+ degrees and about 70-80% humidity, in full sun too. So that might have contributed.

And when I went to flip over the sink/counter, turns out my screws didn't hold very well either. So, I'll add that to my list of stuff to fix. At least I can keep busy until our next scheduled trip. Not entirely sure when that is, but I know it's this year :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.