So, what did you do for your camper, March 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Booked the third trip for this year....

still waiting until later in the spring to pull her out of the Garage

2. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Added double propane tank bracket and new battery box. Also booked 4th trip of the year.

Attached Files:

3. TheEvilKaren

TheEvilKaren "That's what I do; I drink and I know things."

Jan 2, 2015
    Finally finished recovering the cushions I started on a year ago! I did one set of dinette cushions last year, and finished the other set last weekend. This past weekend I finished recreating and covering the couch. Hubby thought the seat wasn't deep enough and the back wasn't high enough, so we started from scratch with new foam (Ouch! Expensive!) and completely redesigned it with a deeper seat and a higher, slanted back.

Tomorrow we're bringing her home from storage to paint the cabinets. It's supposed to be good weather, and we can only have it in the driveway for 48 hours, so I took off a couple of days from work to spend on the PUP.

Also, I'm researching replacement refrigerators. Can't wait to camp again!

4. redneckgearhead

redneckgearhead New Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Pulled the trim off the center of the roof as i noticed it was starting to lift and i wanted to nip it before it got anything wet. Gonna seal it up with eternabond.

5. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

Mar 23, 2015
    Booked 3 trips including a 3 campsite Georgia-to-Ohio epic... Bought a pup cover. Our biggie is coming up in less than a month, on the Gulf Coast a little tiny spit of land called Cape San Blas...St Joseph St Pk for 8 nights

6. philage

philage ...out there...

Mar 16, 2016
    quebec
    cant do squat....there annoucing a couple inch of snow [sf] then freezing rain, [sf] [{}=] then rain until fryday. [{}=]
    oh well. the sun will come up one day, and we will be togheter my pretty,,,,,moouuahahah!!!

7. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Just camped for 4 nights!!!

8. Bpozzy10

Bpozzy10 Go Badgers

Jul 14, 2015
    Have 4 Camping booked already I'm good until June :). Family is getting excited that's for sure, the warm weather couldn't come fast enough here in Wisconsin. But the pup is home from storage and I recently replaced the tires. Like last night [:D]. LOL. I guess I'm getting excited also.
    Have a strip of waterproof led lights coming tomorrow for the outside of the pup. Order from amazon only $30 for the whole kit. So that's the next mod I'm going to be doing I guess. Should be fun and easy while I watch it snow from the garage. Jeez just when you think spring is here another round of [sf] blast through Wisconsin [:(!]. Let the Spring be Free You Son Of A Winter [:D].

9. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

Dec 15, 2015
    CT
    I know your pain. My 6 & 4 year old are the same as us, very excited!!! We have 2, week long trips booked for July and August!!! We will do a local(ish) state forest as soon as the weather breaks!!
    Our Spring day snow fall here lasted thru till yesterday before it melted away.
    It's here... now we have to wait a little more...UGH!!!

[​IMG]

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We have it camping at Grand Canyon. So far, it seems that changing out the iffy LP/CO detector may have helped power consumption. We're running the furnace, 'fringe brain, and LED lights. The batteries are doing better than before. No water pump, too cold some nights to use the water system.

11. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Nice, I'll be there next week!!

12. jwdogman@yahoo.com

jwdogman@yahoo.com Member

Jan 13, 2016
    I replaced the cracked tail light lens cover. Removed dead battery and mount. Bought some bath towels,throw rugs,reflectix,2 more jack stands, pillows and bedding. [MOD] Very impatient to get out there and CAMP [sf]

13. Timetocamp91

Timetocamp91 New Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Replaced a sink hose, got the water working with no leaks! Did some cleaning on the canvas. Went to the Rv shop and ordered a BAL leveler and the exterior vent door for my water heater! Stoked to get the new parts tomorrow

14. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
  15. steve7-4

steve7-4 'I'd rather be camping'

Aug 26, 2014
    Northeast Illinois
    Just ordered a new spare tire and it will match the rating of the popup tires and I ordered new bungee cord for under the beds. Yahoo!!!

16. HondaCrazy

HondaCrazy New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Put in our "fatigue-mat" tiles below the mattress and tried out the foam pads we got for our beds. Also fixed the propane power to our fridge, just needed a little cleaning.

17. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Thinking about getting it out of storage in a couple weeks. Have a few things to get before we go for the first time. Battery already charged. Would like to order a 12 volt port for charging cell phones,and get that installed.

18. phager76

phager76 Active Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Monongahela, PA
    Did a Camp Driveway last night after loading her up for our trip next week to Ohiopyle SP. I'm now a big proponent for doing Camp Driveway to make sure everything is in working order.

The breaker (in the house) for the extension cord that we hook the pup to kept blowing, so I said heck with it, and brought the battery out of the basement and put reinstalled it. Nothing. I had 12+ volts on it (all I had was a cheap analog meter handy, my digital that I keep in the front storage box was still packed away), but none of the lights came on, did a quick check of the circuit breaker and had power on both sides.

At this point, since Rhiannon was dying to play some Uno in the camper before turning in, I reset the breaker in the house and decided to hope for the best. It managed to not trip again.

So, while getting set up for Uno, I put the heater on. We play a few hands then head to bed. Overnight it got a little chilly in the camper, since the fan was running, I figured I'd run the tank dry. I didn't worry about swapping over since it wasn't that cold and figured I'd check it out after I close her up.

This morning, I realized I hadn't checked the reverse polarity fuse in the converter, so I checked that and it was fine. Decided to check the other fuses, and one of them came out in two pieces, one leg of the fuse stayed in the converter, the rest of the fuse came out. At that point, I realized that that must be for the lighting circuit.

So I picked up some new fuses, some ring terminals for the circuit breaker, and a new breaker for the camper, since the wires were showing some corrosion and one lead broke off (the one that actually feeds 12v to the rest of the trailer) while I was messing with it. Everything works fine inside now.

After closing up the trailer and loading up the front storage box for next weekend's trip, I pulled the tank and as I expected it was empty, what I didn't expect was that the second take was nearly empty as well. I forgot that our last trip was pretty cold and I guess we used more propane then I thought. At least I can get them swapped out before the trip and we won't be cold.

A pic from Camp Driveway.

[​IMG]

19. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    waiting to have the time to pull the pup out of storage, dewinterize, and start camping!

20. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Just sold the Starcraft with the bent frame axle... Sad to see it go, but happy with the ntm pup!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.