So, what did you do for your camper, March 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Maryland
    we went grey! the pup was traded in for a HTT (Shamrock 23WS). Currently looking at the stuff we hauled out of the pup and wondering what we need to put back into the HTT and where it will go?!?!?!? Oh such a wonderful dilemma.

Attached Files:

2. Bpozzy10

Bpozzy10 Go Badgers

Jul 14, 2015
    Well hopefully the snow is done now for the year for us northern folks. Just need to watch it melt away AGAIN!!!!! [A]

3. TheEvilKaren

TheEvilKaren "That's what I do; I drink and I know things."

Jan 2, 2015
    Finished recovering the dinette cushions (did one set last year before I ran out of steam) and completely replaced the couch cushions and covered them in the same manner as the dinette cushions. DH decided that the couch back cushion needed to be slanted, which made my job a bit more challenging, but they look great! We had tossed out the original wedge-type "armrest" cushions, and since I had plenty of fabric (and bolster pillows were on sale at JoAnns) I made matching bolster pillows for the couch ends.

Since our city only allows campers in driveways for 48 hours twice in a 30-day period, we pulled the PUP out of storage this week, set it up in the driveway, and did a marathon job of repainting the cabinets inside before taking it back just under the 48-hour wire.

Next mods: new flooring, resurface countertops, replace a couple of broken lens covers (I have the new ones), add shelving to one of the cabinets.

We're getting there!

4. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Jun 18, 2013
    central Oregon
    We pulled it out of the shed, set it up and tested all the systems. DH replaced the propane regulator late last fall, and the weather immediately turned to winter. Our curious neighbors probably wondered why we kept sniffing around the propane tanks checking for leaks.

Our favorite early season camping area is still under snow, but it will probably be accessible by the end of the month. Gotta get the PUP loaded up for the season.

5. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Repacked the bearings, added the green slime to a wheel that has a slow leak that I couldn't find with soapy water... Picked up a 2nd spare for the week long trip to AZ (free replacement at HF), picked up groceries and a few other things.

Next is to finish laundry, pack, and hit the road!!

6. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    In the last week I picked up the vehicle dollies from Harbor Freight to move the pup in the garage easier. I also found a used RV water heater on CL for $35, so I think I might put that in place of my holding tank since I will have hookups 90+% of the time. Lastly I picked up several odds and ends on Amazon for cleaning the pup, water hookup accessories, and the starts to a few mods. I plan on bringing the pup home tomorrow when we visit the family for Easter. Then the real work begins [:D]

7. cyclop5

cyclop5 Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Got her out of storage and aired out. DW found some paint schemes she liked, and fabric, etc. so she's started painting the inside cabinets. Curtains are being worked on. Still need to buy new tires (among other things). NTU TV "officially" tested (but still doesn't have a name).

Gotta say - the Grand Caravan pulls our pup much better than the Mustang.

8. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Pulled a lit arm off and straightened the mount on the frame back, then had to cut a new (longer) 2x2 brace between the front/back lift posts. Mounted spare tire #1 to the hitch. Ensure all tires were up to 60psi.

Rearranged my storage to accommodate a weeks worth of firewood (hopefully anyway), and made things fit better in this pup vs the last!!

Drilled 3/4" holes in my leveling blocks and cut 1/2" conduit as pegs to hold things in place. Yes I am too cheap to buy lynx blocks!!

I am almost tempted to remove the slide out kitchen (about 10 screws to remove the back board and it'll slide right out), as I wont really use it much more than the cooler for dry goods and the rest as a counter top. The Camel Oasis (similar pup) says the kitchen dry is 80lbs... But it is a cool factor, so it'll stay or a while!!

9. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Picked up a 30 gallon wheeled Barker tote tank off of CL this weekend for $75. New and never used. It will come in handy for our 9 day camp in July. Now need to find a short female/ female piece of sewer hose.

10. Haybale

Aug 22, 2013
    San Diego via MN
    Another thread was asking how to chock a raised wheel... So I sent it to PB!!

[​IMG]

11. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Mar 10, 2008
    Highland Springs Va
    bought a 2013 Rockwood Roo 183 transferred the gear from popup to hybrid and started going through popup cleaning and making repairs get ready to sale the popup

12. BigRedTruck

BigRedTruck Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Swapped hand pump for regular faucet.

Attached Files:

13. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    As planned, brought it home from storage at my parents'. Now the fun can begin with some mi or cleaning, repairs and mods.

14. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Finally installed the Fourthwall that I bought from Ryanincc. Cut the reflectix I bought so that all 11 windows can be covered. Changed the wiring on the two fans on my fridge mod. Changed it from series to parallel to cut down on the noise from them.

15. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Went camping for 2 nights at Green Belt Park (managed by NPS) Maryland just outside Washington DC.

16. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Arrived home from the first trip of the year, and the first one with the new TV. It was great to have a bit more margin with the TV, and it seems our towing mpg has improved.

The auto-changeover on the LP tanks had flipped, so we did the hot water test before deciding to weigh the tanks. It must have flipped last night, the second tank was almost full, the first dead empty. We only used the 'fridge and furnace for 7 out of the 8 nights, used the hot water tank a bit last night, when we had hook-ups.

17. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Finally got the pup out of storage started to get ready to open up and dewinterize- the lift motor died with the top 1/2 way up. So I was working on raising/lowering the roof and rain started. The DW helped dig out an old tarp and we got it covered before it really poured [{}=].Tomorrow will be working on disconnecting the motor and manually cranking everything up and down so that I can get the power lift checked out. Good thing this happened at home and not on the road!

18. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Texas
    Make sure your battery is in a good state, both charge and water level. Even though some power can come from the converter, the bulk of the power in most systems comes from the battery itself.

19. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Made reservations for a few days at the Yough in August!
    Have not been there since I was a teenager. Yikes! I guess the dinosaurs are not still there?
    [ALPU]

20. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Popped it up to let it air out and do some cleaning. I also tested the propane and electrical systems. Everything passed but the 12v interior light. I have 12 volts as far as through the galley cutoff switch, but only about 4 volts at the light itself. I ran out of time tonight but will probably snip the wires where they run into the roof to check there. If they are good, I'll just run some new wires along the inside of the ceiling and call it good. Got it popped down right before the dew started falling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.