So, what did you do for your camper, March 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Finally opened it up. I procrastinated enough that I won't the battle with my wife and it stayed in our driveway all winter under the awning. In laws are coming this weekend all e camper stuff was over our spare bed in the house so I did all the laundry I hadn't done since fall and am making beds here in a few minutes. Maybe this weekend I'll start laying out my home made bike rack. I have all the stuff. Just need to cut, drill and weld.

2. chip321

chip321 New Member

Feb 29, 2016
    I removed the A/C unit and put in a vent. I like to boondock and can not justify having 100 lbs or so on the roof unused.

3. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Jul 20, 2012
    I installed the replacement brake controller in our TV, only to find that it had no supply voltage. Odd thing is, when I troubleshot the old one that failed, I verified the supply voltage as well as the switched voltage from the brake pedal. Took a little while to figure out where the fuses were for the towing package, but finally found the fuse box and the blown fuse. Swapped the battery charging fuse for the trailer in place of the brake controller fuse that had blown and finished calibrating the new brake controller. I'll pick up an assortment of replacement fuses for the TV this week and get full function restored.

I'm not worried too much about the battery charging for this coming weekend's Rally, since we'll have shore power, but our big trip in June in conjunction with the Quad State Rally will have several nights without shore power. We'll need the 12 VDC system working fine.

4. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    After I bought this PUP in 2011, I switched it from 12" wheels to 13"s. This made the ride so much better and lifted the PUP about 4" which is good for getting back into the woods. One unforeseen problem, though, was that the spare covered the 3 center legality marker lights. I added reflective tape to the roof, right above them, to imitate them. I have never been pulled over for this so I assumed that was good enough. I've always planned to lower the spare wheel, one way or another, and I finally got around to it this year.

I cut the original wheel bolts off the carrier, fab'd a 3/32" steel plate with 3 mounting bolts in between the original wheel bolts, welded the new wheel bolts onto the new plate, primer, paint and reinstall. [MOD] [:D]

So, I went from this.......
    [​IMG]

....to this.....
    [​IMG]

...and from this.....
    [​IMG]

.... to this!! I like it.
    [​IMG]

5. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Great work c_c !

6. 00 Quad Cab

00 Quad Cab Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Mostly just getting the neglect fixed (previous owners).

Installed new L/R stabilizer (torn off),new porch light (no lens), new overkill safety cables (stolen before I recieved) and new shower hose and head (also missing when I got).

Still cleaning, this weekend rebuild step/door do to folding angle on the left side.

I hope to install my spring over and test all appliances this weekend when I get propane tanks installed (stolen before I took possession)

I am picky so this will be a long time work in process.

7. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

May 10, 2013
    Cobb County, GA
    We had our fried inverter replaced. It will be nice to have electricals fully functional again. [:D] We also had the AC serviced and a new gasket installed. DH is picking her up this afternoon and we're headed to Skidaway Island State Park on Saturday. Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.