So, what did you do for your camper, March 2017?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2017.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Active Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @destinylgreen- sounds like you're well into the work on it. Now that you've scrubbed the canvas, you'll need to re-waterproof it. What you use for that depends on the type of canvas you have. For example, Sunbrella recommends the proper fabric 303 product. others use Campdry or the like.

We're having very warm spring weather so I'm leaving the a/c fan on in the TT. It's also windy season, so I'm not opening windows. I have the roof vents open, since we have the MaxxAir covers, but I'm sure we'll get some blown-in grit. (The vent opening faces away from the grittiest winds.)
    I'm still trying to find a good angle to take photos of the new name decal and fresh water drain. I haven't filled the fresh water tank to see how well the new drain works yet.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Mar 11, 2010
    She got a new fridge!!!!The Dometic fridge temp button quite working, stuck on coldest, and developed a small crack in the plastic under the bottom drawer......Camping world got them to replace the fridge....warranty is up in April.....

3. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Trying to get fresh tires. Discount Tires stock are manufactured in 2015, they are going to try to order newer ones.

4. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    I can't do anything yet! We got a couple feet of snow Tuesday & Wednesday. I know spring will come eventually (it always does) but it seems to take forever!

Attached Files:

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Active Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    @fourhalletts - I lived in WNY before moving to the high desert. I do not miss heavy snowfall, nor having to shovel it. Of course, right now we're not only into windy season, it's unseasonably warm, and fire season is beginning.
    I took a bunch of pic of the various mods and storage tricks we'd done in the Retro. I posted them on FB so the Retro Owners folks can see what we've done. As with pups, it's interesting to see all the problem solving that occurs to make small spaces work better.

6. hawkedshad

hawkedshad Member

Jun 5, 2013
    40 degrees today so I removed the 15" of snow from it.

7. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Cleaned "Stella" off of it.....

8. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Boston
    Still in storage.... fine by us, trying to see if we can squeeze in a few more ski days... have to take advantage of all the snow in New England!

9. jnellis01

jnellis01 Love to Travel

Jul 4, 2014
    Applied 2 coats of GG, to the top, 3rd and final coat tomorrow. Im in So Calif, so weather is expected to be descent until next Tuesday. Getting ready to go to G Canyon with grand daughters, should be an experience with two know nothings!! :D [:D][LOL][put&pu][:P][usa]

10. MrsSquid

MrsSquid Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Virginia
    We picked up our dinette and couch cushions from the upholsterer today. It cost more than I would have liked, but they're done. Plus, they look great, far, far better than what we would have done and without the frustration factor.

Hope to get some photos when this weather is more cooperative and we can open up the camper. Bonus: the upholsterer showed me his NTU travel trailer. He's ready to go camping too!

xZoomerZx likes this.
  11. xZoomerZx

xZoomerZx Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Does bolting on an Equal-i-zer hitch count since more than half of it is on the TV?
    Its a well behaved tandem axle, but the DW would get all white-knuckled while driving if a semi passed us... Now she no longer has an excuse not to take her turn driving on the long trips. What used to be mildly exciting is now a boringly solid rig.

12. Metadifluoro

Metadifluoro New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Repacked the bearings a couple of weeks ago and ordered an infrared thermometer, which arrived from Amazon today. "Somehow" there was a new anode rod for the water heater in the same box!

13. threebeachboys

threebeachboys Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Built a shelf out of gator board (rigid, but lightweight) and tension rods.

14. destinylgreen

destinylgreen New Member

Mar 4, 2017
    @kitphantom Yep! Our big bottle of 303 should be here sometime this week.

15. 00 Quad Cab

00 Quad Cab Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Pulled it out of the carport and set it up, installed the new converter and looked the rest over.

Tomorrow I pull the furnace to fix the blower motor squirrel, install the new thermostat and finish cleaning and stocking the inside.

16. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Watched the last of the snow melt off of her...and bought her a new TV.
    [​IMG]
    Can't seem to get a pic to show in the new layout. I'll figure it out when I have time I guess....

17. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Lets try this...
    2014 FX4c.jpg

18. xZoomerZx

xZoomerZx Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Convinced an artistic friend to paint the ammo cans... Youngsters won't get it...

Attached Files:

kitphantom likes this.
  19. 00 Quad Cab

00 Quad Cab Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Yesterday I pulled the furnace, tested and repaired the blower motor and factory wiring. I also packed the remainder of the must haves.

We are almost ready for the first run this year.

This weekend I need to install the new brakes/hubs and bearings, pick up my new spare and fill the propane tanks.

20. jacrabbitt

jacrabbitt Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Michigan
    Use it as a backup. No reason you shouldn't get a good 4 or 5 days of juice, unless your running every lite in house with stereo wide open and the furnace set at 90. Might wanna retro your house lights with LED's if you haven't already

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 9:15 AM