So, what did you do for your camper, March 2017?

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Mar 1, 2017.

1. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Watching and waiting as the snow is slowly melting off of it.

2. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Active Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Kentucky
    Renewed the registration today. One step closer to camping season [:D]

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Last weekend, my husband put the new mounting fasteners for the microwave in, to replace the lost ones. They fit, so it's stabilized well for now, and we have extras if they vibrate loose and go missing again.
    After temps up to 80*F (we usually hit that in May, not March), a cold front is coming through today. I turned off the a/c fan, and closed up the vents, to reduce the grit infiltration with the accompanying high winds.
    I leave in a week for the AZ Spring Rally (& on to visit friends in Tucson afterwards), so turned the 'fridge on so I can begin to stock that as we do grocery shopping tomorrow.
    The TV is in the shop, after boiling battery fluid off the new battery. I could use the 4Runner as a TV for next week, but prefer to use the truck. I'm hoping whatever the problem part is, it isn't one of those specific to the Colorado and not yet available off the shelf. (That was the case with the PCV issue, we had to wait a couple of months for the part.)

4. rerspain

rerspain Active Member

Jul 26, 2016
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    For my TV, I ordered Coil SumoSpring helpers, to help with the rear sag. I have an after market hitch and it comes close to the ground on some uneven sites when backing in. I hope to install them Saturday.

[​IMG]

5. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Illinois
    Painted the wheels, got new tires! Can't wait to de-winterize and get camping!

6. jbirdt2001@yahoo.com

jbirdt2001@yahoo.com Member

Aug 9, 2011
    North Dakota
    We updated our tow vehicle to a 2012 Nissan Titan.

7. Ductape

Ductape Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2013

It was an uphill walk both ways for me too !

Firehawk068 and xZoomerZx like this.
  8. bob barnes

bob barnes Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2017
    cute!!

9. jwdogman@yahoo.com

jwdogman@yahoo.com Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Removed folding sink to gain storage for new mattress, replaced broken light, reorganized storage, tested lights, ran a 12 volt access line.

10. PA Poppy

PA Poppy New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Warfordsburg, PA
    Doing something similar. What did You use to clean canvas and what kind of paint did you use for cabinets? I've read spray paint, oil based and latex!!?

11. rsizle

rsizle Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Big month for us. Sold a 1998 Taos, purchased a 2005 bayside.
    Lots of maintenance on the new camper.
    • Sealed the roof with eternabond tape - particularly important on these models because of the problem with the built in roof tracks.
    • Deep cleaned the inside, with particular attention to the curtains and cushions.
    • Repaired the lift system - had to rebuild the upper crank assembly.
    • Adjusted the roof height at the wiffletree.
    • Lubricated the lift system.
    • Installed a brake controller on the TV.
    More to come, I'm sure. Hopefully now I can shift into modifications rather than maintenance.

12. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    We bought a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee to replace our Dodge Durango (aka Bessie) that has seen better days. Also put a new shelf in. Can't wait to go camping Memorial Day weekend!

13. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Oops, wrong forum!

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. Mamie

Mamie Active Member

Sep 11, 2017
    LA - Lower Alabama
    I like the window cornice - the seats and the cornice look like a tropical vacation

15. Faboo2bme2

Faboo2bme2 New Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Do you have any specific brand of patching you use? I need to do this also but I'm very nervous of making it look like a threw a band- aid on it!

16. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The member you quoted is not very active on the Portal. You would be better off asking the question in the Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance forum.

17. Lanternman

Lanternman Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Mooresville NC
    I put new vinyl hardwood floors down, trimmed out with stained rough cut pine, and had some flooring left over so stuck it on the fridge so itd match the cabinets. Oh, and I fixed the porta potty so it flushes- no more grabbing a cup of water from the sink to flush. VERY important haha. The girlfriend did a 'deco page' (sp?) on one cabinet door, filled with stickers from the craft breweries weve visited.

c2.jpg c1.jpg

Garrity, jnc and cyndib like this.
  18. f5moab

f5moab Retired from the Federal Government

May 7, 2013
    Somewhere in Idaho
    Drove into Pocatello to Discount Tire and ordered two new Kumho LT275x75x15 tires (takes about three days to receive). Stopped by a RV dealer to order a new roof seal and they need a photo so they can send it to Forest River cause FR might switch out seals during a production model (sounds like great planning on FR's part during manufacturing).

19. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Santa Clarita, California
    replaced the pipe under the sink and now no more leaking.

20. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Oct 3, 2007
    Waterford, Ct
    YEAH go two days off ...... Guess what ....... snowing again, Yuk My DW going to start calling me Charlie Brown, I go outside...I get wet.

jnc likes this.