So, what did you do for your camper, November 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    For those who need one, here's a reminder to to charge your battery for the month.

Lots of people are putting up their campers for the winter (even if some areas are having warmer than usual weather)- it's hard to believe that the season is over for so many. I think it's just starting for people in the warmer states.

We finished packing ours for the second to the last trip of the year. I'll hitch up and pull out in another hour or so, once it gets light enough to easily see what I'm doing.

The two off-season lists are posted on the 'fridge - one is for mods and repairs we want to do, the other is for items that we know we have to restock.
  2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Well, since the October thread is closed I did charge the battery on Saturday, October 29th. Was only down to 90%, not bad since I have not charged it for at least 2 months.
  3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Aug 2, 2011
    Steinbach, MB
    I tossed in a container of Dri-Z-Air and parked the camper in the garage for the winter. *sniff* [:(]
  4. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Getting 2 new tires tomorrow
  5. lonewolf465

lonewolf465 Member

Sep 15, 2013
    We are getting it ready to go camping this weekend! In the upper midwest----in November!!!
  6. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC
    I have been busy cleaning the canvas and painting the latches. Also reapplied the 303 water proofing to the canvas. Great tip here. I found out that Mr Clean Magic eraser is awesome for removing stains inside and out that other cleaners wouldn't get clean.

The outside had stains on the paint and plastic that came clean for the first time.
    I highly recommend using it.
  7. bad1

bad1 Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Replaced the sink faucet.
    Old one had a slight leak.

Attached Files:

8. Sneezer

Sneezer Active Member

Aug 8, 2015
    DFW, TX
    Camping right now with my son. My propane tee and line came in on Friday before we left. I can now run two high pressure lines to my Weber and my Coleman stove. Works great!

Added a neat hanging catch all to my over wall shelf. Just the right size to hold two ps4 controllers and two sets of earbuds.

Tried out my roll up dish drying rack and I love it. Doubles as extra counter space with a cutting board on it. I can place it over the sink and also use it as a trivet. Very handy.
  9. BrianKepley

BrianKepley New Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Concord, NC
    So I have been struggling with cleaning the bunk end vinyls and the bump out vinyl. I tried almost everything even the old standby 303 fabric cleaner. 303 worked great on the canvas but the Vinyl was dingy and had some pine resen from the Grand Canyon pines. Final I found a product tha I initial ordered for the canvas to clean. I was amazed that it removed all the grime and now looks almost new.
    Maguires Boat and RV canvas cleaner. Good luck finding it though. I think they are re tooling this product. It is been dicontiued everywhere. Found two bottles from a Marine supply store.

Attached Files:

10. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Mar 3, 2005
    I put it sleep for it's winter slumber....
  11. Katskamper

Katskamper Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Fort Worth, TX
    i got a few things finished!

battery & propane tank setup on hitch.

turned clothes bar to hold 'sweater' rack for towels & hot-pads.

turned a bamboo shower mat into a roll-out toilet tray.

replaced terminals ends on electrical lines.

found out how to reset Propane/co2 detector so it quit screamin when battery connected.

patched hole in roof with foam & silicone.

replaced electrical cover.

tested fridge, it works on electric. still need to test on propane.

tied up the broken stabilizer foot. its welded on!

added 3M Command plastic hooks along edge to hold up patio lights.

added 3M Command metal hook style inside to hang all kinds of things - curtain rod over door, keys, broom, lights over table.

added LED bar light over galley.

purchased 12v (cigarette lighter style) with 10 foot jumper cable cords. it will reach from closet thru storage lid out to battery. no wiring required!!

reorganized storage & turned milk crate on side to make. "closet" accessible from inside. put cleaners & bug sprays in there, away from food prep. need to anchor it down.

12. kcsa75

kcsa75 Active Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    I visited our Pup in its storage barn today. We put it away for the winter a couple weeks ago. I keep a boat in the same building and took it to be winterized today.
  13. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

Feb 28, 2016
    Cleaned her up inside and out, blew out the lines, added pink stuff and tucked her in for her winters nap [:(]

Attached Files:

14. bad1

bad1 Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Just replaced the canvas on my 95 Coleman Hatteras. Total time to remove and replace was about 25 mins. Bear Creek Canvas is the company I bought my replacement from. The enhancements to the new canvas are great. Corners are strengthened with additional material, window screens are darker, and thicker, and the Zippers are very heavy duty. The pictures with the green bottom are the old, the picture with the white bottom is the new.

Attached Files:

15. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We camped 5 nights at Grand Canyon NP, in Trailer Village; we had full hook-ups. It can get chilly this time of year, and the furnace has been having intermittent issues, so having the electric mattress pad and a space heater to supplement the furnace was great.
    We added to our list of things to do over the off-season. I'd like to replace the faucet, with one with handles I can turn on by hitting with the side of my arm. We may replace the sink, if we can find a non-plastic one that fits in the space. After two years, the plastic is already showing damage.
    One more trip planned for the year, over Thanksgiving. Then the trailer goes back to the shop for the leak (showed up when I drove through rain) and the intermittent furnace issue. (The thermostat is fine, the furnace fan turns on but the flame doesn't ignite.)
  16. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Central, IL
    Winterized today and preparing to take it to its winter storage location :( Was hoping for one more trip locally since temps have been so nice but schedule just isn't going to allow for it. But, hey we can't complain. Closing 2016 out with the most days camped ever in one year!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk
  17. go camping

go camping New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Good for you!
  18. Kevin79

Kevin79 Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I put a new door seal on it close a gap and hopefully keep the critters out. I will be taking it to its winter home soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Winterized the plumbing last evening. Bleed the air out of the propane lines to make sure the furnace and fridge work. Also packing it for a four day trip this weekend. Sad though, this will be the last trip of the season... [:(]
  20. kitphantom

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    The TT is not yet winterized, so I turned the furnace on with the thermostat set at 50* for the past couple of nights, since we're getting close to freezing (finally!). Hoping the below freezing times are short enough that a bit of heat, with the door under the sink and the bathroom door open is enough to keep things from freezing.
    We'll winterize when we get home from the Thanksgiving trip. (The temps for SE AZ are predicted to be in the 70s for highs and 50s for lows.) I went to a winterizing seminar last week at the dealer's, as a refresher. Won a drawing for a wash for the TT from a mobile detailer, we'll pay the difference and have a good wax done too.
    Filled an almost-empty LP tank from the TT and the new 20# one for the Little Red Campfire.
    It seems like I should be needing to do more prep work for this trip, but adding clothing and food on Tuesday should be it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.