So, what did you do for your camper, November 2016

Discussion in 'So, What Did You Do For Your Camper This Month ?' started by kitphantom, Nov 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlin14

Merlin14 Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Took her camping over Veterans Day and going this weekend starting on black Friday. Made coffee in percolator over stove practice for boondocking in 2017. Think will not add battery, but use Coleman lantern for all big light needs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Streator, IL
    At campsite 2 weeks ago I reinstalled my rebuilt manual pump faucet, cleaned the canvas and treated it with 2 cans of Atsko water repellent (orange spray cans from Walmart. Sprayed it in sections and then lightly wiped with an old sock over a plastic gloved hand to even it out and work it in to the canvas. Also drained water supply line, cleaned and dried the fridge, brought the pup home and put it in my garage for the winter.

3. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Jul 18, 2015
    North Syracuse, New York
    Took out the mattresses (on Sat.) to store inside for the winter, since the weather was still good and we were expecting a good deal of snow starting on Sunday. So far we have about 18 inches and it's still falling! But on the bright side we did get to stay home from school (I'm a teacher)! For all those who live in warmer places enjoy your camping and tell us lots of stories so we can live vicariously through you until spring comes!

4. Hawkester

Hawkester Hawkesnest

May 23, 2008
    SE Wisconsin
    Winterized her for cold weather camping. We will camp as long as it's not snowing.

5. kstephens

kstephens Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Finally completed my four bike roof rack. It was a more expensive project than I anticipated. Bought the yakima feet last year, then the cross bars, and every month for the past four months ordered a bike rack for the cross bars. I've only installed one so far, will put the other three on tonight.

Maybe this weekend, I'll get around to installing my battery meter and usb outlet.

6. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Sep 11, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    Finally unpacked and cleaned the whole interior before closing it up. But, thanks to the ice and snow the other day we can't close it up until it's dry. Hopefully today when I get home it will be dry so I can close it up for the winter. I never expected to get ice and snow before Thanksgiving!!! [:(]

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Oct 10, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    On Saturday morning before the storm I had a nice Thanksgiving picnic with my kayak group. Finished around 1:30 it was in the 80's drove like a mad woman to get to PA before the storm to winterize the toilet. Well the storm hit on the drive and the wind nearly blew a little car off the road in front of me and forced me to fight the wheel the rest of the way. Temps were dropping FAST. I make it up and it was starting to sleet and snow. Pop the top only enough to open the door of the camper and empty the water etc in the toilet. Should have done it earlier but forgot. Now I only hope I didn't screw something up in my rush. So it is officially closed up for the winter. [:(].

8. lucky13don

lucky13don Member

Jul 13, 2016
    sf bay area
    just bought a on board battery maintainer. should be here saturday,love amazon...

9. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kansas City
    As often happens during the winter all I did was think about the PuP. But I did make reservations for Memorial Day weekend at Pomme de Terre lake in southern Missouri. [:)C]

10. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

May 21, 2010
    Sutter Creek CA
    Went camping, then came home and rebuilt the microwave mount (bad California roads and cheap construction helped make this mod possible). Winterized her and closed her up just in time for a freeze and rain.....

11. sea-piner

sea-piner Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Just got the components to make a water pump for refilling the fresh water tank. Just need to figure out how to wire the plug.

12. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    We took our last trip of the year, 4 nights at a state park in AZ, with friends. The TT worked fine, we had a flat tire on the truck, which would have been easier to change without the TT hitched up. With that and a couple of other delays, our trip was 2 hours longer than expected, so we had to back in and set up as darkness fell. Our Thanksgiving shopping consisted of buying a pair of new tires.
    Arrived home this afternoon, as the temperature was plummeting and the winds were cranking up. Winterized the water system with a combination of blowing it our and pink antifreeze. Unpacked the highest priority items, I'll finish tomorrow since it goes to the dealer on Tuesday to find and repair the leak(s) I had on my trip in October.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.