Soaked—installing canvas

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by Bhut2180, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Bhut2180

Bhut2180 Member

i live in the Orlando area, notorious for mid day showers, well I pushed my luck too far and after getting just one panel up the deluge began full force. It soaked the interior, any suggestions or concerns when opening it back up to dry out????

Thanks all

2. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Active Member

Get it open asap. The sooner it can dry out the better. Good luck!

Bhut2180, PopUpSteve and 1380ken like this.
  3. Bhut2180

Bhut2180 Member

I was able to do that thankful not as much water as I thought got it, toweled off all the water, then closed it back up for a second round of showers

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Multiple fans working together to spin the air in the camper (like a vortex) and a vent fan taking the moisture out. The faster the air, the higher rate of evaporation. We tested this at work for drying rates.

Bhut2180 likes this.
  5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Agree with the above. Lots of fans blowing to circulate the air. My biggest worry for you will be the mattress. Foam can take a long time to dry and worse moldy if not given the needed circulation to dry throughly. Seeing as your matteress probably got the brunt of the water you need to be sure that drys very well before it's closed up.

6. Bhut2180

Bhut2180 Member

Thankful the mattresses are still in their boxes brand new. It actually dried quickly after towel drying it and letting it be open after the second storm came through, thanks all for the advice